Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Turquoise

37 degrees this morning when I got to town.
Some light drizzly rain for the first half hour and then cloudy
and breezy.
Starting walking at 6:20 and the sun rose at 7:04.
 
Walked over to the ball park and around there.


Then around town.


Walked around both of the cemeteries.

Went over to see the cows in the big barn.


Took off one of my hooded sweat shirts and dropped it off at the Jeep.
It was wet from the drizzle but by this time it had stopped
I was dry for the rest of my walk.

Amy is our insurance agent and she gives me a little toot most
mornings on her way to work.
Today as I walked behind the church in town I saw her park at the church.
Went over to say hi.
I didn't realized that was her church. 
They were having a ladies get together for breakfast.

Despite the drizzle walking is still the best way for me to start my day.

😀    🌧    ☁️    🦃

Right after breakfast we went to the DG Market to get a few items.
Also at the market I saw Joy (not walking Joy), Joe who used
to be the town maintenance man, and Danielle who I see walking
once in a while around the industrial park.

After that it was time to go the library for knitting.
4 of us were there today.

Yesterday I finished the wash/dish cloth and started the second one
at the library this morning.
Just about everyone thought I should go with the turquoise 
so that is the color I'm using.
I was leaning toward that color myself.

This afternoon I did some more knitting on the wash cloth
and read.

It stayed cool today but the sun came out and it was a pretty day.

For supper we are having shrimp and I'm making

Happy Saturday and I'm glad you stopped by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

I wake up every morning to say thank you God for waking me up 
to see another day to enjoy life.

Michael Myers Jr

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I LOVE '57 Chevy turquoise.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like another good day for you. Enjoy your evening.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good choice! If she attends your church and you didn't know it, you must have a really large attendance.

Mari said...

I think the cows are happy to see you making your rounds.
Glad you were dry for the latter part of the walk.
The fried rice looks really good. I saved it and will be trying it.

John's Island said...

Just now seeing your Friday post … wow, what a wonderful sunrise picture! Thank you for your reply! And, today’s post … love the closing thought!

Bill said...

The cows looking at you, they are getting use to seeing you early in the morning.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your knitting group sounds so pleasant. Turquoise would be my choice as well. Have a good Sunday. See you then!

Ann said...

turquoise was an excellent choice.
Shrimp and fried rice sounds good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love seeing the line of cows, they are so cute.
Shrimp and fried rice is a yummy meal.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Dianna said...

Shrimp and fried rice! What a yummy supper you had!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

What a lovely morning walk- I, too, would enjoy seeing the animals in the barn. No where safe like that here, but I live in the country and walk on my land. Not as exciting...walking through spider webs, stepping in holes...HA HA. Have a great Sunday!

Inger said...

As always, I love reading about your day.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Another lovely day in your life!
Hug from Titti

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a good day.
I just like how the cows look at you :)

All the best Jan

Debby said...

Those cows are so darn cute. They seem to recognize you.

Hill Top Post said...

You captured some great shots here. What a way to start the day! I have a lightweight waxed coat with hood that I wear when it looks like rain. I bought a new umbrella on my last trip to Walmart; looks like I will be needing it in the morning.

Prims By The Water said...

Still love those cows. Beautiful sky. Janice

William Kendall said...

The cows are curious.