Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 20, 2023

New Plants

 I got to town and started walking at 6:30.
It was 30 degrees with a slight breeze.
Sunrise was 7:07
Once the sun was up there was a mix of sun and clouds.


Walked up and down the main road through town,
then over to the ball park.
From there went back through town and around the cemetery
on top of the hill.
Continued down the main road toward town a ways,
turned around and once back to town walked around the
other cemetery.

Quite a few people have Christmas decorations up now.
I think these are some of the strangest 
Christmas decorations I've seen.


Not much happening around town on this early Monday morning.

Morning Walk Steps 14,035

๐Ÿ˜€    ๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐Ÿฆƒ

Another week I was able to wash the sheets and hang them outside.

We had to make another trip to Lowes.
Ken needed to get some wire.
This time I picked out two new house plants. ๐Ÿ˜
Left is an Aglaonema
Right is a Codiaeum
I've never had either one.


We had a few other stops to make also before getting back
home just in time for lunch.

Got some things done around the house this afternoon
and then did some more knitting and reading too.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ

O Lord, who lends me life, 
lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.

William Shakespeare

20 comments:

Tom said...

...Aglaonema is a great family of plants.It looks like it's in a pot like I bought at Lowes. The plant is in a pot with drainage hole and that is in the white decorative. Be careful that excess water doesn't build up in the decorative pot.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Croton needs lots of light!! The other one is an easy plant. I believe the Christmas decorations are Star Wars themed.

Dianna said...

Those are unusual Christmas decorations. I'd say that someone who lives there is a big Star Wars fan. :)

Your new houseplants are gorgeous, Karen! I know you will enjoy taking care of them.

Bill said...

I like your new plants. I agree, those are some strange Christmas decorations.

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend. Thanks for taking me on your morning walk!

Mari said...

I had to blow up that picture to see the Christmas decoration. They are indeed different!
A mix of sun and clouds makes the best sunrise and sunset.

John's Island said...

Agree with you about the Christmas decorations in the 2nd image. Noticed one of the displays says Hoth Christmas on it. Found this on Wikipedia: Hoth is an ice planet in the Star Wars fictional universe. It first appeared in the 1980 film The Empire Strikes Back and has also been a setting in Star Wars books and video games.

ellen b. said...

Someone in town is obsessed with Star Wars for sure. Is this a record for hanging sheets out on the line this late in November?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I don't know what Star Wars has to do with Christmas, but I guess the people in that house are big fans. I love the new house plants. I am also a person who loves to have plants in my home. It's always good to see what you are up to. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving later this week!

Ann said...

Not a fan of the Star Wars themed decorations. I just don't see what they have to do with Christmas.
I think I had a plant years ago like the one on the left.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It'll soon be Christmas. Happy New Year.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The first photo is beautiful, gorgeous sky! I am seeing Christmas decorations going up. I always loved the Christmas lights. Your plants are pretty.
Take care, have a great day!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love the Shakespeare quote. I am not a big lover of Star Wars though but to each their own. I wonder if they have Christmas in space?

Jeanette said...

Someone has a Star Wars themed Christmas, although what Star Wars has to do with Chrismas in anyone's guess! Love the plants! What direction window do you keep them in?

Melanie said...

Nothing says Christmas more than Yoda! LOL I'm just terrible with house plants. They fear me! I'll just enjoy yours. Happy Thanksgiving.

Granny Marigold said...

Good thing someone ( John?) explained about Hoth because I didn't know what that was.
I like your new house plants. Both are very lovely each in their own way. Sort of like people. *smile*

Happy@Home said...

Your new house plants are so pretty. I hope they do well for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, as others have said those decorations definitely have a Star Wars theme.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

A peaceful morning.

Prims By The Water said...

Very unusual Christmas decorations. With plants I have no green thumb. They would be dead in a week. Janice