Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A sunny day

 The deer were sure out this morning.
6 of them along the road as I drove to town.
Then walking up by the cemetery I saw 3 more.
Heard something in the corn and stopped to see what would pop out.
A deer came out of the corn but didn't see me at first.
Can you see him on the right?

Then he looked up and saw me and ran down by the Drane house.


It was 35 degrees this morning and got to town and started walking at 6:25.
Sunrise was at 7:00.
A nice calm morning with sun and clouds.

Walked around both of the cemeteries first and then headed down
the road toward home a ways before turning around back to town.
Through town and over to the ball park where I walked the loop.
Back through town, up and down a few side streets and finally
back to the jeep and home.

Morning Walk Step were 14,464

😀    🚶‍♀️     🌤    🦃

Food shopping day and this week we went to Cassleman's Market.
The cashier Donna was there, and I got to give her the scarf I knitted.
It was so much fun to give it to her because it came as a complete surprise.
She thanked me and gave me a hug and said no one ever made a scarf for her.
She put it on right there.
I told her I made it for her just because she is nice and a light in this dark world.

The November baby blanket is. now done.
If you care to take a look at you can see it

Went for a walk around Happy Tails on this beautiful sunny afternoon.
I'm coming back to the house here which you can see down the path.



Happy Tuesday and hope you made yours a good one.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, 
to enact gratitude is generous and noble, 
but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.

Johannes A. Gaertner

Comment Replies:
Dianne - We get the puzzles all over. Some White Mountain puzzles we get on line.  Other puzzles we pick up some at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Joanne's, and some were gifts.

16 comments:

Dianna said...

What a blessing that you were able to give Donna her scarf ! And that she was surprised! The November baby blanket is pretty. Thanks for answering my question about the puzzles.

Debi said...

How fun to see deer on your walk. They used to wander behind the house that I grew up in, they are beautiful creatures. The November baby blanket is pretty... looks perfect for a little baby boy. So sweet of you to knit the scarf for Donna. It's always so nice to surprise someone who is totally not expecting it! Have a great week!

Lowcarb team member said...

You did see quite a few deer on your walk.
I'm sure Donna was thrilled to receive her scarf.
I like the baby blanket.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...deer certainly show up when they have their tail up!

Mari said...

I always love seeing deer.
I'm sure Donna was so thrilled by the scarf you made and just the fact that you thought of her.
I really like that baby blamket.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So this is your home beyond the trees? It looks like ranch style. Ours is a ranch, smaller than yours. I see the deer! How kind and thoughtful to give that lady the scarf!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Making that scarf for Donna was so thoughtful. I know she loves it! You are always kind and thoughtful to others - a true example of a Christian. See you again tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

Bless you for making such a special gift for Donna. That's a nice baby blanket, too. Tuesday was good here!

Ann said...

Giving gifts is more fun than getting them. It's even more fun if it's a complete surprise.
Love the colors in your baby blanket.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes, the sunshine is a happy sight.
Along with the cute deer.
Take care, have a great day!

Bill said...

What a nice gift to give Donna, she'll always remember that.

Jennifer said...

What fun to surprise Donna with a scarf! How sweet of you:) And what fun to walk with all the deer yesterday morning!! Hope your Wednesday is going just as nicely. Have a good evening at church!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The last photo - who got there first? You or the trees?

God bless.

Jeanette said...

So glad you got to see lots of deer in the morning!

Debby said...

I love to give gifts to people when they don't expect it. I also listen throughout the year to what people like and then will gift them something and they are surprised I remember. Fun fun fun.

William Kendall said...

Things definitely look very late fall there.