Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 23, 2023

A Day of Thanks

A day of thanks today as it should be every day.

On my way to town this morning I saw 7 deer all crossing the
street and coming onto Happy Trails.

I'm thankful for all the wildlife I see.

Got to town and started walking at 6:30.
It was 31 degrees and dry!!
A mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise was at 7:10.

I'm thankful that I am ABLE to take a morning walk each day
and walk 6 miles like it was nothing.
I'm thankful that I have the desire to do it and enjoy it.
I am thankful to see the beginning of each new day.


I walked up the main street in town and up behind our old house
and then on to the DG Market where I turned around, walked
back through town and kept on going toward home a ways and
back to town again.

I am thankful for the safe places I have for walking
and the beautiful scenery along the way.


Lastly I walked around the cemetery on top of the hill.

I'm thankful for my little town and all the people I meet
along my walks.

Morning walk steps 13,168

🙂    🦃    🦃    🌤

David and Liz joined us today for Thanksgiving.
So very thankful that they live so close and we see them often.

We had a most enjoyable day but we ate too much.
We are now in the middle of playing Mexican Train.
So off I go.

Happy Thanksgiving
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Psalms 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, 
and into his courts with praise: 
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.


Comment Replies:
Jack - Gene Kelly sang Singing in the Rain in the movie of that name.  I sing it often while I'm walking in the rain.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I remember the Ronettes singing Walking in the Rain.
Stay warm and dry on these rainy days.

MELODY JACOB said...

On these wet days, make sure you warm yourself and stay dry. Maintain your enjoyment of your morning walks.

You are welcome to read my most recent post.

Bill said...

Sounds like a wonderful and thankful day.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you've had a good Thanksgiving Karen!

Lowcarb team member said...

It certainly sounds like a wonderful and thankful day.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

PS Lovely photographs.

Dianna said...

I enjoyed reading all of the things that you are thankful for, Karen. And the Scripture verse from Psalm 100 is one of my favorites!

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving day today with David and Liz.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We all have so much to be grateful for. I am grateful for you and finding your blog all those years ago. I am sure you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with David and Liz. Enjoy the whole weekend see you again soon.

Ann said...

So much to be thankful for. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Yes, we all have so many things to be grateful for.
Love your beautiful sky shot!
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Happyone.

God bless.

jack69 said...

Ahh yes, Gene Kelly now I remember. Loved the pictures today also. Sunrise is nice, I seldom am up that early anymore....
Sherry & jack smiling in a clear cool day here in North CArolina

jack69 said...

PS: Most folks cannot believe it but our memory lesson in the Third grade for one month was memorizing the 100the Psalm, I still remember it today and am thankful that the Bible was in Public Schools in my youth.

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving day for you!

Granny Marigold said...

We have so much to be thankful for ❤❤❤

Prims By The Water said...

I am thankful for many things. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Janice

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving for the 4 of you. Mexican train was played a few times here over the long weekend, too.

William Kendall said...

Glorious skies.