Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 27, 2023

The modular home has arrived

Was surprised how warm it was this morning - 58 degrees!!!
Started walking around town at 6:30 and the sun didn't rise till 7:40 and when it did it was cloudy.
Saw 6 deer on my way to town, 2 on my road, 2 more on another road, and 2 more crossing the road just as I got to town.

Walked all over town and both cemeteries and the ball park.
Didn't see anyone else out waking.

The corn did not get cut down yesterday as I thought but the modular home was delivered in two pieces


Morning Walk steps were right at 12,000.
Couldn't get any more in because I had to get home.

Thought these scarecrows were cute.


☁️         🥾         🍁         🙂

Just had enough time when I got back from walking to get changed and eat breakfast and then we were off to get some more work done at church on the Fingerprint Ministry.
We worked from 9:00 to 12:30 along with about a dozen others.
Today combined with yesterdays work we finished over 9,000 Romans books.  All put together, stapled, cut, and boxed up.
Like yesterday I worked the cutter.

On the way home we stopped at the library so I could pick up the biography of Harriet Tubman.

Didn't even get to make our bed this morning so did that as soon as got back home.
I ALWAYS make our bed.  
I can probably count the number of times I did NOT make my bed on my one hand.

That's all for today.
Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Lighthouse Number Seven
located in the Barneagat Lighthouse State Park in New Jersey

18 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a gorgeous day for end of October, it almost reached 80F! It will be fun to see the house completed.

Dianna said...

It will be neat to watch the modular actually become someone's home. Step by step it will all come together and one day you will see people coming and going from it as they enjoy it's place of rest.

It's so good to hear of how many people were involved in the creating of the Romans books. Will you and Ken be the one delivering them?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I always need to have my bed made as well. Since he retired, Charly now makes the bed, but every morning, it is made within just a few minutes after we get up. That modular home looks bigger than some of the site built homes in your town. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Mari said...

It was warm here today too. I wore a jacket to work and didn't really need it.
The house is looking nice!
I always make my bed too.

Hill Top Post said...

My mom always said to make a bed while it was still warm. I prefer to make mine as soon as I get up, but sometimes there are snoozes still coming from it. 😉

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a really unusual looking lightouse. Wow, what long hours your church members work!

Ann said...

The last several days have been warm here but it's supposed to end in the next couple days.
You sure had a busy day.
I find it totally fascinating that they can truck in a house in two pieces and then put it together without there being any leaks.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Could they be the same two deer following you?

God bless.

Inger said...

As always, I enjoyed hearing about your morning. Making my bed and going for a morning walk (albeit so much shorter than yours) makes my day so much better.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

My nana was a stickler for making the bed. When my cousin and I would stay over she would always have us make the bed. She couldn't imagine going to church with an unmade bed at home! We used to think she was silly but I'm 60 now and she is long gone and I can't stand to have an unmade bed.

eileeninmd said...

We are enjoying some nice weather too. The new home will be done fast now.
The scarecrows are cute. Take care, happy weekend to you!

Bill said...

The house looks pretty good. It will be ready in no time for the people to move in.

ellen b. said...

I read a quote about how making your bed turns chaos into order in your world. That was a warm start to your day for sure! We only made it the high of 42 yesterday! Enjoy your Saturday.

Debi said...

I chuckled when I read about you making your bed. When I was working I always made it when I got home from work. I felt like getting three kids and myself out the door in the morning didn't leave time for bed making. Seriously? What does it take... three or four or maybe five minutes? Now I make it first thing in the morning. It gives me a sense of accomplishment... if I do nothing else at least I made my bed!

MELODY JACOB said...

The house looks nice.

Feel free to take a look at my latest fashion post.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend

Jeanette said...

I too can count on one hand how many times I haven't made the bed in the morning!

Debby said...

That is interesting how they can put together a home in this way. Very cool.

William Kendall said...

I remember the place where I grew up, seeing a house like that assembled on the neighboring lot.