Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Another baking afternoon

No sun this morning for walking but at least it was dry and just cloudy.
It was 42 degrees and very calm.
To town and walking at 6:35.
Sunrise was at 7:30.
Morning Walk Steps were 13,166


Nice to see John walking Prim this morning.
It has been a while since I've seen anyone else out walking.

Walked through town and over to the DG Market, turned around in the parking lot, and then back through town.
Around the ball park and both cemeteries.

A parade of big dump trucks drove through town - I counted 8 of them all in a row.
Must be a big job somewhere!

Nice reflection on the pond this morning.


๐Ÿ™‚         ๐Ÿฅพ         ☁️         ๐Ÿ

Hard to believe 6 months have come and gone since it was check up time at the dentist but it was time to go again today.
Not so lucky this time though.
I have a slight fracture on one of my back molars. 
They said it was minor but best to take care of it right away before my tooth broke.
So back I go in 2 weeks.
Ken had a problem too and goes back the same day I do.

In the waiting room of the dentist there is one of those free little libraries that has just gotten started.
I have a few books to add to it. 

After lunch I had another go at baking something to bring to church tomorrow for breakfast for the baby blanket work day.

I made a coffee cake this time and it came out just fine and tastes yummy.
Haven't put the recipe on my recipe blog yet but will in the next day or so.
It is the first time I made this recipe so we had to cut a little piece out of the corner to make sure it was good enough to bring. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was going to cut it into squares but decided to leave it in the pan so people can  cut the size they want.


I'm also bringing oranges and grapes.

That's all for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting.
happyone๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil 
and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

15 comments:

Tom said...

...today's baking looks like a success!

Mari said...

The pond photo is so pretty today. Your coffee cake looks yummy.
I grew up on a farm, love the quote!

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

Ugh, the dentist. I'm having problems with my teeth. NO cavities just nerve problems on both sides of my mouth due to receding gums. I'm now sensitive to both hot and cold and it makes eating not so pleasant. I'm signing us up for dental insurance because I know it's going to probably break the bank, if I don't.

The coffee cake looks good. I made chocolate chip brownies yesterday.

Billie Jo said...

Oh, the pond photo is beautiful! And I would love the recipe for the coffee cake. Looks delicious!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful shot of the pond and reflections! Hooray that the coffee cake turned out well. Enjoy your time tomorrow!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait for the recipe! Wow, the pond reflection is gorgeous, it is like glass.

Dianna said...

I enjoyed hearing about your morning. Glad it was rain free for you this morning. The coffee cake looks delicious!

Ann said...

That reflection in the pond is pretty.
The coffee cake looks really good. I love stuff like that.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely the pretty Autumn colors and the pond reflections.
Your coffee cake looks delicious. I will look forward to your recipe.
Take care, have a great day!

Bill said...

The pond and the reflections are beautiful.

Jeanette said...

Pretty photos and the coffee cake looks delicious!

Jennifer said...

The coffee cake looks delicious! I'm sure everyone enjoyed it. So sorry about the cookies. A cookie in the garbage is such a shame. (I do love cookies!!) Hope you had a nice morning with the ladies....

William Kendall said...

Coffee cake sounds good.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very nice reflection on the pond

All the best Jan

Prims By The Water said...

Your coffee cake looks yummy. I made brownies tonight. Janice