Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

A cooler morning walk

Those 60 degree mornings I've been walking in the last few days have come to an end.
This morning when I walked it was 31.
Got to town and started walking at 6:30 in the dark. 
Sunrise was at 7:44.


First walked to the library to drop off a book and a DVD down the slot and then continued to the DG Market where I turned around in the parking lot.
Went back through town, around the ball park and both of the cemeteries.

The builders are back to the first new house and finally putting up the interior walls.
They were working as I walked past so couldn't peek in the windows.

Didn't see anyone else out walking and not much happening around town this morning.

Once it started getting light it started to get a bit foggy.
It was a thin fog and through it saw some blue sky and clouds.

I couldn't decided which picture I wanted to post so heres all three of them.




Morning Walk Steps were 13,375

๐ŸŽƒ         ๐ŸŽƒ         ๐ŸŽƒ

This week we went over to Casselmans Market for our food shopping.
I started the shopping on my own while Ken went next door to the auto parts store to get some new hoses made up for the tractor.
He joined me when that was done.

This afternoon I enjoyed walking along some of the trails around Happy Trails.


Lighthouse Number Ten
Located on Prince Edward Island in Canada


That's all I've go for today.
happyone๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ










17 comments:

Happy@Home said...

I think all three pictures are pretty. The colors are so nice. Glad you decided to share them all.

Tom said...

...I love the road, the corn and he bare tree!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I really love all three pictures of the mist. It's cold in the mornings here as well, but it was a little warmer today. See you again tomorrow!

Bill said...

All of the photos are beautiful. Love the message in the mirror. :)

Dianna said...

Karen, the pictures taken through the fog are beautiful! I love scenes like that. I can enjoy them for hours.

We've gone to the Casselman Market a few times, too. It's nice and clean and nice wide aisles. Is that where you normally shop now?

Mari said...

Hi! Happy Day to you too!
I really like the first two foggy pics but can't choose a favorite.
It's cold here too - we got snow and it stuck. :(

Visits With Mary said...

We haven't reached 31* yet, it will most likely be a while, but we have had lows in the 40's the past few mornings. Being Texas, we'll warm back up to the 70's by the end of the week. Your pictures are very pretty, it just looks cold there.

Granny Marigold said...

I wondered if you shop with a list? Do you make a menu for the coming week and base your list on that? Just wondered.

ellen b. said...

I can see why it was hard to choose just one of those photos. Love the misty moody shots. Prince Edward Island is a place I'd like to visit. Fun lighthouse. Have you been to see these lighthouses that you own miniatures of?

Ginny Hartzler said...

The misty photos are gorgeous, especially the first one!

Ann said...

So glad you posted all three pictures. They're really awesome. I like them all.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

yes it is cooler here as well though we haven't had a frost yet. I like the middle picture the best.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love all three photos and the shot of Happy Trails.
It is cold here this morning, only 35° .
I enjoy seeing all your lighthouses, they are pretty.
Take care, happy day to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I love all three of your fog photos but I really love the middle one with the corn. Very chilly in the morning here now so have switched my walks to before supper. Happy Trails looks gorgeous. Enjoy your day.
Robin

John's Island said...

As usual, lots of neat photos, but deserving special mention … the second image with the reflections on the pond … wow, that’s an award winner!

Debi said...

Loved your foggy morning photos!

William Kendall said...

Sunrise is comparable here- though tonight that will go out of whack.