Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 04, 2023

The Jeep Gets Washed

 

Got to town and started my walk at 6:30
Sunrise was at 6:48
The temperature was 66 degrees, a mix of sun and clouds and a sight breeze.

Went over to the library first to drop another DVD down the slot.
Then continued through town and back.
Next I walked down the main road toward home a ways and back.
Around both cemeteries and the ball park loop and back to the Jeep.

Farmer Marvin has lots a bales of hay all wrapped and lined up.



John was out walking Prim and Rebecca was walking Leo.
I ran into Lisa walking around one of the cemeteries and we stopped and talked.

Other than those three didn't see anyone else out.
Very quiet around town, like an early Sunday morning.
Then I realized it was Labor Day!

🌤         ðŸš¶‍♀️         ðŸ™‚  

Today I did more than just think about washing the Jeep, I actually did it!!
This time I vacuumed and got the inside wiped down and looking good FIRST.
What usually happens is that I wash the outside and then don't feel like doing the inside so it doesn't get done.
But my Jeep is spic and span, inside and out.
If it rains tomorrow, I'm walking to town. 

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone


   

14 comments:

Billie Jo said...

A sparkling clean Jeep is a wonderful thing!
Have a cozy evening, my friend.

The Happy Whisk said...

How cool that you have a jeep and you did more than think about it. You got it done. Go you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on washing/cleaning the Jeep.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

.,..my SUV gets washed every time it rains.

Mari said...

Happy Labor Day! Good for you for cleaning that jeep, inside and out!

Granny Marigold said...

Good job getting your Jeep cleaned up. We had enough of a rainfall that there was water in the barrels so DH could use the power washer and get his truck clean.
( We've had water restrictions and NO using city water for washing vehicles.)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Having a clean car always makes me feel good. I hope you have a good week! See you again soon. :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good for you!! This looks like a coat button.

Ann said...

I need to clean out the inside of my vehicle. I can't remember the last time I did it.

eileeninmd said...

A great day and a nice walk. My car needs to be vacuumed, I took it through the car wash. Take care, have a great day!

Jeanette said...

I totally understand your wanting to keep the jeep clean! Whenever I clean my car I never want to drive it afterwards!

Bill said...

I don't have a vehicle to wash so I wash myself and make sure I'm nice and clean. :)

Visits With Mary said...

Hello, enjoyed visiting today!! Hope all is well with you and yours. Let us know if you walk to town tomorrow☺

ellen b. said...

Yes, that's a great plan to clean up the inside first! My car needs a wash job so bad! I can understand why you'll be walking to town if it rains! :)