Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 28, 2023

Me and Patty

 

Drove to town and started walking at 6:30.
There was a mix of sun and clouds and it was 68 degrees.
Sunrise 6:41
Morning Walk Steps 13,169

Walked to the ball park and walked around there first, then both cemeteries, and once again all around town.

There are a few bulls back in the big barn - picture above.

Another house in town for sale.
This one is right on the main road and the sale price is $139,000.
It is small but really cute inside.
It already has a contract on it.






The only person I saw out walking was Lisa.

A bit more traffic around town (not that there is ever much) because the teachers are back to school this week.
Kids start the day after Labor on Sept 5th.


🌤         ðŸ¥¾         ðŸ™‚  

I did a couple of loads of laundry even though it looked like rain.
Glad I did because later the sun came out again.

Made a good start on the weeks house cleaning today.

I have two cousins named Patty, one on my mothers side and one on my fathers side.
Came across this old picture of Patty (mothers side) and me with my dog Cookie.
We were sitting in the front seat of my dads boat in 1962.
I am 11 and Patty is 10.
Patty - I thought you would get a kick out of seeing the picture.


Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone


18 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

Cute cousins at such a fun age. The bulls have fine accommodations at the big barn.

Tom said...

...today, a house for $139,000 is unheard of!

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice photograph of you and Patty.
I like the blue buttons :)

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, that is cute picture of you and Patty! Sounds like you have good memories of hanging out with your cousins. That house that's for sale is tiny, but the price is low. There is a house not much bigger than that one not far from here and it just sold for $410,000. Housing prices around here are crazy. I think that Accident would be such a nice place to live. It's not surprising at all that the house is already under contract. I hope you are having a good week.

Mari said...

That house is cute and your town is so nice, someone will enjoy it.
Cute pic of you and your cousin!

Sandi said...

That's a good price for a house. Can't believe how much the new ones are around here!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is an adorable photo of you both as kids! Today's buttons, I would think would be perfect for a bathrobe.

Ann said...

What a nice blast from the past. Always fun to look at old pictures.
Nice that the house already has a contract.

Lisa said...

Cute photo of you girls.
A house like that around here would cost 300K. It’s crazy!

Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Cute photo of you and your cousin.
Love the bull photo and the pretty flowers.
Take care, have a happy day!

Debbie said...

Patty was right! We love the picture :) And what a great price on that house! I'll take it!

Happy@Home said...

That looks like a very nice house at a reasonable price.
Very cute picture of you and Patty. Does she read your blog?

ellen b. said...

Patty was right! I did get a kick out of seeing that photo. It's fun to stay in contact with childhood friends/relatives. Hi Patty. I like those buttons.

Jeanette said...

That is a great picture! I love old family pictures!

Linda said...

The cattle enclosure looks like a fancy fence! The flowers are pretty

Bill said...

What a nice photo of you and Patty. Cute dog too. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I like pictures from the past, including this one.

William Kendall said...

I like the little house