Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 17, 2023

Wedgewood Heart

 

62 degrees when walking this morning and it was cloudy.
Sunrise 6:03
Morning Walk Steps 12,987

Walked the Farm Loop and took my walking stick with me.
A nice quiet walk and didn't see any people
and only one car passed me by the farms.
A few pictures along my way.




Walking down the road from the school back to town I heard a 
little voice say HI.
I stopped, looked around and saw a little boy at the open window in his house.
He said hi again and waved.
I waved and said hi back. 🙂

Back in town I walked around the ball park loop to make up the
rest of my walk and then headed back to the Jeep.
Sheila's car was parked by the pond but never saw her.

☁️    🥾    🐄    🐓    🙂

Yesterday Ken and I played another game of corn hole.
This time he beat me
21 to 16.

Got a slow cooker of chili started this morning.
Baked some corn bread to go with the chili.
Then baked a birthday cake.
Today is David's birthday.

David and Liz came over in the afternoon for birthday cake.
We sat out on the front porch and ate our cake
and had a nice visit.

Thanks for stopping in
Happy Monday
happyone


15 comments:

Tom said...

...those long shots show how beautiful your area is, thanks for sharing them.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs.
Happy birthday wishes for David.
I like the Wedgewood heart dish.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your second photo is my favorite. The brilliant green with the hay and silo!

ellen b. said...

Happy Birthday to David. How nice to enjoy some cake together. That's sweet that you heard that little voice say Hi! Cute. Our Colville kids are coming for dinner tonight. Enjoy your evening.

Mari said...

Country scenes are the best! I love seeing all the cows, and always enjoy the countryside.
Happy Birthday David!

Granny Marigold said...

The Wedgewood heart is so lovely. Is it yours? Or maybe just a random picture.
Happy Birthday to David. Did you have ice cream with the cake?

Ann said...

Love those photos.
Happy Birthday to David.

eileeninmd said...

Love the photos! Happy Birthday to David!
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful walk today! And Happy Birthday to David!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy birthday to David! So nice he could celebrate with you and Ken. I am sure the cake was delicious. Slow cooker chili sounds good. I was actually thinking of making some, but decided to wait for fall when we are all moved in and settled in the house. I like all the pictures from your walk - especially the ones with the chickens! See you again soon!

William Kendall said...

The chickens like getting out and about.

Bill said...

what a beautiful countryside to enjoy your walking. Looks very peaceful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful pastoral scenes.

God bless.

Jennifer said...

Hard to imagine 62 degrees in July! Mornings are the best!! I don't think it is quite that cool here, even in the mornings but they are still the absolute best time of the day!

Happy@Home said...

That is so cute about the little boy saying "hi". I bet you made his day by returning the hi.
Happy Birthday to David. How nice to enjoy cake together on the porch.