Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

In a mailbox

 

58 degrees this morning when I started out walking.
A calm morning with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 6:03
Morning Walk Steps 13,273

I picked up what I thought was a penny but it didn't feel right.
A little too big.
Looking at the picture off the camera you can kind of see what
it is but I couldn't see it that well when I first saw it.

Cleaned it up the best I could when I got home with copper cleaner
and a Brillo pad and come to see it is a nickel.


I walked all around town, both cemeteries and went down the main
road toward home and then back to town.
Stopped at the library and dropped a DVD down the slot.

Came across this interesting place a bird decided to build a nest.


Roger was out walking Prim up by the cemetery
and saw another man out running that I haven't seen before.

The church is now looking nice and bright with its new
white siding which is now done.

🌤    🥾    🙂   

The sheets got washed and hung outside today because yesterday
it was supposed to rain though it never did till in the evening.

Finished reading A Castaway in Cornwall by Julie Klassen.
It's a good story with a happy ending and though a bit
predictable I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I've read 5 or 6 other books she has written and liked them as well.

Started another knitting project a couple o days ago.
It is the same pattern as the small white afghan I just finished.



Thanks for stopping by
Happy Tuesday
happyone

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Yes, the Wedgewood heart is mine.  I have a small collection.  Bought some pieces when we lived in Scotland. At the time (70's) I didn't know what it was but just liked the blue and white.
No, no ice cream with the cake but we did have real whipped cream on top of a chocolate pudding cake.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the swing and the mailbox make a good birdhouse.

Granny Marigold said...

That nickel has sure seen a lot of use...or maybe misuse.
That bird chose a strange spot to make her nest. Maybe that mailbox isn't being used any more.
Thanks for answering my questions.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I wonder what will become of the nest? You must keep us informed! I hope they can put out an alternate place for their mail delivery and notify the mailman. Your first photo just screams COUNTRY, with the tree swing and corn field in the background.

J. S. Vila said...

Is very good to walk early on the morning, or late in the afternoon for this calmed and rural área. When the temperature Will be good and not so much Hot. Nice pictures.

ellen b. said...

Those birds are so resourceful! That makes for a nice lodging. I like that swing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I loved the picture of the birds nest in the mailbox. That nickel looks like it has been through some hard times. I like your new knitting project. See you again tomorrow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That coin could be valuable depending on its date.

God bless.

Ann said...

I'm guessing this is a mailbox that doesn't get used any more. It has some interesting materials in there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the first shot with the swing and the nest in the mailbox.
I assume that mailbox is not used for mail.
Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

What a perfect place for a nest! Much better than over the front door, like my mom is putting up with lately.

Mari said...

Great photo of the swing in the tree, in front of that field. Looks idyllic!
You had an interesting walk with the coin and that nest.

William Kendall said...

That nickel was out in the elements for quite some time.

Bill said...

The bird is pretty creative using a mailbox for a nest.

William Kendall said...

Birds are resourceful.

Lowcarb team member said...

That mailbox does make a good birdhouse doesn't it :)

All the best Jan