Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, July 09, 2023

Sunday

Happy Sunday
 



🎶 Only a Sinner 🎶

Lyrics: James Martin Gray (1851-1935)
Music: Daniel Brink Towner (1850-1919)

1. Naught have I gotten but what I received;
Grace hath bestowed it since I have believed;
Boasting excluded, pride I abase;
I’m only a sinner saved by grace!
 
Chorus

Only a sinner saved by grace!
Only a sinner saved by grace!
This is my story, to God be the glory,
  I’m only a sinner saved by grace!

2. Once I was foolish, and sin ruled my heart,
Causing my footsteps from God to depart;
Jesus hath found me, happy my case;
I now am a sinner saved by grace!

3. Tears unavailing, no merit had I;
Mercy had saved me, or else I must die;
Sin had alarmed me, fearing God’s face;
But now I’m a sinner saved by grace!

4. Suffer a sinner whose heart overflows,
Loving his Savior to tell what he knows;
Once more to tell it, would I embrace—
I’m only a sinner saved by grace!

⛪️    ⛪️

📖 Luke 18: 9 - 13 📖

  And he spake this parable
 unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, 
and despised others:

 Two men went up into the temple to pray; 
the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 
God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, 
extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

 I fast twice in the week,
 I give tithes of all that I possess.

 And the publican, standing afar off, 
would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven,
 but smote upon his breast, saying, 
God be merciful to me a sinner.


A Blessed Sunday to all.
Jesus Love You
happyone



15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous sky photos!!

Granny Marigold said...

A Blessed Sunday to you too. The sunrise picture is wonderful ❤

Tom said...

...and keep looking up!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous photo's. I don't know how you get such wonderful photo's!! Lovely poem. Nice share.

Mari said...

Beautiful sky shots! Good old song too!

ellen b. said...

To God be the glory! Happy Sunday to you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that happy song of praise and God's grace. Have a wonderful week.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs.
Happy Sunday Wishes.

All the best Jan

Ann said...

Beautiful sky photos. I love the blue sky against those puffy white clouds.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful skies and photos! Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Debbie said...

Happy Sunday, Karen!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Henny Penny said...

Hey Karen. I've never heard that Hymn. The words are beautiful. I also love the parable about the publican and the Pharisee. My daughter and her husband moved to a little town in WV called Hedgesville. My granddaughter and her new husband live near Harpers Ferry. That's where he is from. She is teaching school there and Hunter is a dentist. Had his first patient last Monday. I sure hated to see Andee and Todd move away.

Bill said...

Beautiful skies!

William Kendall said...

A beautiful sky.