Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday


64 degrees this morning when I started walking.
Cloudy at first and even had a few sprinkles of rain.
Then some blue sky and the sun appeared.
Sunrise 6:01
Notice the sun now doesn't rise till after 6.
Morning Walk Steps 13,512

Walked around both cemeteries. 


Down the main road towards home and back again.
Around town and up and down the side streets.


Passed the new house being built.
Foundation and parging is done.
Looks to be a small house.


Walked a couple loops around the ball park and then back to the Jeep.

Sheila was out running and saw Eric walking Sparking
two different times.
Stopped to talk to Elaine (Kermit's wife).

☁️    🌥    🚶‍♀️ 

Did my usual morning routine.

Gave all my potted plants a good water and did a bit of
weeding the gravel around the house.
Weeds usually pull up pretty easy from the gravel.

We went to the library this afternoon to get a couple of DVD's.
Checked out a couple of books too.
A Castaway in Cornwall by Julie Klassen
and
Save it for Sunday by William W Johnstone.
When I got home I realized that Save it for Sunday
was book number 2 so I went on line and put the first one on hold.

Another book I put on hold is next months book club selection.
The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Friday
happyone


Comment Replies:
Meta/Roses - Our Dollar General has never been the kind where everything is a dollar.  It is mostly groceries with some seasonal items. Some aisles of clothes, cards, and kitchen items.  The name was changed because it now has meat, fruits, and vegetables in it.  The name change to DG market reflects the change.  I think quite a few of the stores will be updating all over.  Living in a rural area this store is very WELCOME HERE.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...the purple clematis is a beauty and the hosta has a great heart shape.

Lowcarb team member said...

That purple clematis is beautiful.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Beautiful flowers.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous flowers! Clematis, I think.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That purple clematis is beautiful. I love clematis flowers. I transplanted mine at the new house and it is struggling, but I am hoping that it holds on and flowers more next year. You always read interesting things. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Ann said...

I am normally at work by the time the sun comes up so I don't notice that much but I have noticed that it's starting to get dark just a little bit earlier in the evening.

Debbie said...

Beautiful walk this morning :) The flowers are amazing!

ellen b. said...

Lovely photos, Karen. That first long lane/drive is inviting. Happy weekend to you.

Bill said...

The flowers are very pretty.

Connie said...

How peaceful walking through the corn fields. I imagine that you spend a lot of your prayer time while walking these county roads :)

Granny Marigold said...

I remember reading The Story of Arthur Truluv. I rated it 7 1/2 out of 10. I've read all of Eliz berg's books and found some that rated high and others not at all. I wonder what your book club will think of it.