Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 01, 2023

Cookie Smile

 62 degrees and cloudy/smoky skies though the smoke didn't
seem that bad this morning.
Supposed to get some thunder storms so didn't wander too
far away from the Jeep but they never materialized.
Just a few sprinkles once in a while.
Sunrise 5:52
Morning Walk Steps 13,642

First walked up and down all the streets in town,
and then both cemeteries and the ball park.



A women who I see once in a while was out running.
Saw John and Prim out walking.
Ruth Ann walking her two little dogs.

Not much activity in town this morning.

☁️    🥾    🚶‍♀️   ðŸ˜Š

Pretty quiet around the house today too.
Saw a little sun and some rain in the afternoon.
One of those puttering around the house days getting nothing done.
Finished reading my latest book and the next book
I read will be the book club selection of
The Last Apothecary 
which I'm looking forward to.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Saturday
happyone

Yesterdays smile picture was the last one I took around town.
Ken spotted a sort of smile face in this cookie
so I'll end the smile series with it.

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - I walked past the sweet pea flowers again this morning and you were right they have no smell.  Thanks for telling me about the seeds.  I'll collect some and plant some around my house.

PomPom - Thanks so much for the pattern link! 🙂🧶

17 comments:

Tom said...

...thank honeysuckle sure is fruited. Don't collect those seeds, it's an invasive plant. The cookie makes me smile. Keep on smiling.

Mari said...

I like that smile cookie! Nice spotting Ken!

William Kendall said...

We had ourselves a storm earlier in the day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, the only thing better than a cookie is one that is smiling at you! What are the berries?

Hill Top Post said...

The smiling cookie is the best happy face of all. But I would like to eat it up. Ha! We had a couple of rain showers today but they didn’t last very long.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like the smilie cookie. Have a good Sunday tomorrow. See you then.

Granny Marigold said...

I was going to ask about the shrub with the pretty berries but Tom has identified it for me. I have Honeysuckle in my garden but I have never seen any berries on it.

Ann said...

That cookie smile is too cute. Now that's a fun cookie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The berries look pretty! I like your smiling cookie!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Debbie said...

The berries are so abundant! They are pretty :) I love the cookie smile!
I've heard of the next book you're about to read. I've declared myself on a no-more-books until I finish the ones I already own. We'll see how this goes :)

Have a happy 4th!

Linda said...

Nice scenery. I like the smiling cookie.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful captures. I Love the Cookie :)

Bill said...

It was pouring rain about 20 minutes ago and now the sun is out. Like the smiling cookie. :)

ellen b. said...

Haha! Love the smiley cookie!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the cookie smile.

Happy July Wishes.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Ha! I love the smiley cookie!

LC said...

Your walks encourage me to keep moving. It is 8 p.m. here and I have made 3,587 steps, most inside. We love our home nestled in woods in the middle of an older section of our town. The terrain and absence of sidewalks on our street is not rollator friendly. But we built so that I can make a circuit inside with my rollator regardless of weather. Blessings!