Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Dollar General

 

60 degrees when I walked this morning under cloudy skies.
Sunrise 5:50
Morning Walk Steps 12,799

A fawn, a little rabbit, and a little ground hog all within a block
from my house ran across the street in front of me on my drive to town.

Walked up and down the main street and the side street to the right.
Then the upper cemetery and over to the big barn.
Continued over to the ball park and around it a couple of times.

A couple of pictures along the way.




These are the first lilies I've seen blooming around town.




Saw the man who drives to town in the white truck running
and another man walking his dog.

The work continues on the church siding.
I predict it will be done by Tuesday.

☁️    🥾    🚶‍♀️    😊

On the way to the Dollar General this morning we first stopped at the library
to pick up a couple of DVD's and the book I'll be reading for
the book club, The Lost Apothecary.
I'm half done with one book and have to read another before I can read it.
The book club doesn't meet till July 13 so have plenty of time. 

The Dollar General is now open after the remodeling and
we went there this morning.
Wow, they did a great job. The WHOLE place was redone.
The store is nice and bright.
They added meat, fruits, and vegetables at good prices and everything looks fresh.
Now it will be great if they can keep it stocked!!
We ran into friends, Dave and Joy there too.
 (not Joy my walking friend)
We've spent the last two days with them doing Fingerprints. 

David and Liz have friends visiting for the weekend who asked if they 
could come down here to the house to have a tour of Ken's trains.
They seemed to really enjoy it!!

Knitted some on the white afghan this afternoon
and got a little reading in too.

We didn't have our home made pizza yesterday so we had it
today for supper.

Thanks for stopping by
👩🏻‍🦳happyone


15 comments:

Tom said...

...I like your "gated community!" Daylilies are blooming here too, keep smiling.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Lilies are gorgeous! I have never seen one with stripes like this. I saw in the news that the dollar stores are going to start selling a lot more food. While most other stores have fallen on hard times, all the dollar stores are really thriving.

Mari said...

I enjoy seeing the wildlife. We had a fawn, a possum and a woodchuck outside our windows at work this week.
I really like your cloudy pictures. The lilies are pretty too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the Lilies! Beautiful. That remodeled Dollar General sounds like a nice store. Sounds like you had another nice day! See you again tomorrow. Happy Sabbath!

Connie said...

It's so cool that you had animals walking along your trek into town. Your area looks so lush and green, you must get a lot of rain. It's beautiful :)

Granny Marigold said...

A Dollar Store that sells fruits & Veg at reasonable prices would be a great thing here in our town. We must have 5 different $ stores but most of them sell the same things ( and no fresh fruit or veg).
Good to know the fawn, the bunny and the ground hog all made it across the road without getting hit.

Ann said...

Those lilies sure are pretty. I wonder how long before the Dollar General here does something like that. Yours is the first I've heard of that sells meats, fruits and vegetables.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The fawns are cute, I love to see them. The shot of the barn is a favorite.
I love all the flowers too. Our Dollar General had to be completely rebuilt, due to a fire caused by a 6yr old shopping with his mother. Hard to believe, but it's true. Take care, have a great new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like that gate. And the flowers.

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

I love your daily walks and you make even ordinary things fun to read about. We have the Dollar Store but no Dollar General that is close. Wonderful post, as always. xo Diana

William Kendall said...

The lilies are pretty.

Bill said...

The flowers are pretty to see.

Debi said...

Our lilies have just started to bud so we will have flowers in a week or so. I love the first photo that you posted... the sky is so beautiful.! Have a great week!

Jeanette said...

I remember when they remodeled the big Meijer by us and it was such a difference! I hope they keep your Dollar General stocked!

Jeanette said...

The redone Dollar General sounds nice. I hope they keep it stocked!