Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 01, 2023

Snow flurries and lilacs

Walking weather today was not what you would expect for the
first day of May!
35 degrees, windy, and snow flurries.
Snow didn't amount to anything though.
A little rain mixed in with the snow too.
Sunrise 6:17
Morning Walk Steps 13,805

First walked around the lower cemetery and then headed over
to the laundromat where yesterday on my walk
 I left my first Book Crossing book.
  Was disappointed to see the book still there.

From there I walked to the Dollar General and turned around in the
parking lot and walked back through town and down the road toward
home a ways before turning around the coming back to town.

Next went up to the other cemetery and walked around there
a couple of times.
A side trip over to see the cows who were busy eating.


Had to laugh watching this cow licking up the hay.
Must have tasted better than the hay in the feeding trough.


Walked through town again and back to the Jeep.

Didn't see anyone else out.

A couple of lilacs bushes have bloomed in town and they smell wonderful.



☁️    🥾    😊

Didn't get a start on the house cleaning this week yet.
Just did the routine stuff that had to get done.

Made more weave-its and have only 9 more to make
for the May blanket.

It stayed wintry today and had some more snow showers this afternoon.
Nothing sticking.


I made potato salad and we had that with broiled hamburgers for supper.

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Monday.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I remember snow on Mother's day!

Mari said...

We had snow showers today too, nothing sticking here either, but it's supposed to come down tonight and stay. It won't stay long though!
I love lilacs! Nice to see those blooms!

Granny Marigold said...

I really like those dark purple lilacs. I saw some lighter ones this morning but compared to the ones that you saw these look washed out. I hope to take a picture tomorrow of the ones I saw. ( if it's sunny).

Happy@Home said...

It's hard to imagine snow on May 1st. I think I prefer the pretty lilacs. I can imagine how wonderful they smelled.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this darker purple lilac. Don't know if I have ever seen one that color.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Lilacs are so pretty. I do hope the snow ends soon so we can all enjoy springtime.

ellen b. said...

Love the lilacs! Fun photos of the cows. The snow flurries were a May surprise for sure. Happy May to you!

Hill Top Post said...

We had a morning low of 39. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a few flurries. I like seeing the cattle lined up eating.

Ann said...

Didn't see any snow here yesterday but it was cold and rainy. My furnace has been kicking on way too much still.
Those lilacs are beautiful. I love the smell of them.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the view of the cows eating. The lilacs are beautiful. I heard that Western Maryland has some slushy snow this morning. It has been chilly here.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Warm and sunny here. I love lilacs. I have a dwarf lilac bush, but no flowers on it yet. I hope you have a good Tuesday!

Vee said...

Your snow shocks me! Hope it does not come this way. That cow was pretty cute not being satisfied with what was easily available. There's a sermon there somewhere.

Jeanette said...

We had rain mixed with snow a few days last week. I hope it's gone for good now. I love the way lilacs smell!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love the cows photos. Thanx.

God bless.

Bill said...

iT'S chow time for the cows. Great pic!

William Kendall said...

It's still been cool here.