Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 17, 2023

My new pedometer

Rained a bit overnight and this morning it was 38 degrees
with some wind when I walked.
Sun shining at first but soon after some dark clouds covered the sky.


 Sunrise 6:37
Morning Walking Steps 13,209
Found a nickel

Walked around both of the cemeteries first.
At the big barn there was a baby and a mama still fast asleep.


Next up was over to the ball park and walked the loop a couple of times.
Then down the main road in town and up and down all the side streets.

A man who I see once in a while was walking his dog.

Pretty quiet around town again.

Get a load of the spikes on this wheel!


🥾    🙂    🌤    ☁️    💰

My good old Striiv pedometer has been acting strange for a while.
It wasn't recording all my steps and would turn itself off once in a while.
So I got a new pedometer and it arrived in the mail Saturday.
The Striiv is no longer being made so had to get a new kind.

The one I got is a Stiive Fitness Tracker (blue) and so far like it a lot.

My striiv I could put in my pocket and this one is worn on my wrist.
There is an app for my phone what goes along with it.
I've taken both pedometers with me to compare.
Both record the same miles but on the new one it records more
steps than the Striiv.
I think the new one is more accurate though because if I stopped
walking it took the striiv a bunch of steps to start working again.
So all this time I've actually been taking more steps than I thought.

Stayed cool, cloudy, and windy all day log with a few
periods of very light drizzle.

The book for next months book club has been decided.
It is one that I recommended
The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂
All Day Steps
17,575

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - I agree that a white picket fence would look nice, but I think since it is a Victorian a black wrought iron fence would be best of all. 🙂

22 comments:

Debby said...

That looks like a nice pedometer. So you've actually been walking more than you thought? That's not a bad thing.

I've never seen spikes like that on a wheel. I wonder what purpose it has or is it just for looks? I'm sure it isn't cheap...

Michelle said...

Maybe I need a pedometer. I use my phone app, but I don't think it is that accurate.

Granny Marigold said...

Those spikes are very impressive!! I wonder what they're actually meant to do.
I hope you like your new pedometer.

Happy@Home said...

Mama and her baby are so sweet snoozing together.
I saw that very same spiked wheel on a truck that was on a car carrier we passed on our recent trip. It sure got my attention. What a coincidence that you just saw the same thing.
Hard to imagine that you walked even more steps than you thought as you already log a very impressive daily total.

Tom said...

...those spikes should be illegal!

Mari said...

The new pedometer sounds nice! That little calf is cute.
Those spikes, yikes!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I really like your new fitness tracker. What a great price too! I currently have an Apple Watch which tracks my fitness and syncs with my iphone but it is an older model and I have been told that eventually it will quit syncing with my phone, so I think in the next year or so, I will be looking for a new fitness tracker and I like yours because it isn't $300-$400 like an Apple Watch! I hope you will update us and let us know how the new fitness tracker is working. I love the sweet picture of the momma cow and baby calf. Have a good week.

Vee said...

I agree with Tom. Those spikes look very unfriendly. I am surprised that they are legal.

The mama with her calf looks very peaceful and calm.

Hill Top Post said...

I used to keep up with my steps but these days I just walk the same old trails over and over. Sometimes by days end I do wonder how many steps I have taken. Our first time Mommas are having their calves now, so we are having to keep a close watch on them.

ellen b. said...

Yikes about those spikes! I wonder if the owner ever scrapes his legs on them. Glad your new pedometer is working well for you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad you found a new step counter that you like! I've never seen wheels like this!!

Ann said...

Whoa, those spikes are kind of scary. I wouldn't want to run into that.
Glad you won't got a new pedometer. It's just not right when all your steps aren't being counted.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We had a windy walk yesterday. Love the cute mama cow with her baby.
Those spikes look crazy. I have been using my phone for my steps, it seems accurate. Have a great day and happy week ahead.

William Kendall said...

I'd have my own suspicion about the owner of that vehicle.

Debbie said...

Wow, Karen! You've been making more steps than recorded! I have a FitBit, which I wear every day and it shows steps, heart rate, calories, and also shows my texts and calls when they come in. I basically just wear it for the steps and to see my calls, in case I'm not by my phone.

I often look at my total at the end of the day and think, "Karen did twice this many steps!" Hahaha :)

Jeanette said...

Sounds like a great accurate pedometer! I wonder what the purpose of the spikes on that hubcap is?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless always.

Bill said...

Those spikes are dangerous and should be outlawed.

Sandi said...

They look like they are tagged for sale. I hope they go together!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's nice to have one that you wear on your wrist. I wear an Apple watch and it works great. I get lots of info and write down most of it in my hiking journal. Enjoy your week! Hope the weather is nice.

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww don't Mama and her baby look sweet snoozing together.

Are those spikes legal? I have my doubts!

All the best Jan

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Walking.