Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Another pot holder and my poinsettia

 45 degrees this morning when I walked.
Just a few sprinkles of rain when I started out but it soon
stopped and was cloudy the rest of the time.
Sunrise 6:20
Morning Walk Steps 13,813

Went first to the post office to mail a letter and then to the
library to drop off a couple of DVD's.

Next went to the cemeteries and walked around both of them.

Made a stop at the big barn to say hi to the cows.
So cute watching the little one give mama
a nudge and a lick.



This picture taken looking out at the end of the big barn.


Walked over to the ball park and walked around it a couple of times.
This is the short little trail right behind the park.


Continued walking down the main road and some side streets
and that was the end of my walk.

Very quiet around town.
The only person I saw was Phil the Wiggle Man making his daily video.

Missed my walk yesterday and so glad to be out walking this morning.

🙂    🥾    ☁️

We went shopping at the Dollar General this morning
right after breakfast.

I bought another pot holder and hung it up in the kitchen.
A pretty good deal at 99 cents.


I know this poinsettia looks a bit straggly but I bought it in Nov 2021.
It didn't turn red at Christmas but is turning red now.
Know you're supposed to put in in the dark or something but I
just keep it sitting out.  Figure when it dies I'll throw it out.


I'm reading Fort Misery
by William W Johnstone.
I don't usually read westerns and I'm surprised at how much I like it.

Also spent some time knitting this afternoon.

That's it for today.
Happy Saturday and thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Comment Replies:
Debbie - My cleaning routine is pretty flexible.  Each Monday I start at one side of the house and clean till I get sick of cleaning.  I do that each day and by the time Friday comes along I'm finished!! Some weeks I start at one end of the house and other weeks at the other end. 
I do laundry on sunny days because I don't have a clothes dryer.  If the weather won't cooperate I have a large clothes rack and put it over a heating vent.  You would be surprised at how fast the clothes dry.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I gave up on our poinsettia awhile ago!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you mentioned your housework schedule in your comment reply to Debbie. I've meant to ask you if you had one and now I know. I used to have one...well, I still do but I don't follow it very closely any more. I like the latest pot holder. I may have seen it here at the Dollar Store. It's amazing what you can all find there and for cheap!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. So glad to wasn't too wet and rainy for you to walk today. You have an interesting cleaning schedule. I love the pictures of the bulls. Your new hot pad is great, and looks so nice with the other ones you have hanging in your kitchen. I hope you have a good Sunday, see you then.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Another lovely walk and your poinsettia is just fantastic! Wow! Dollar Store has just open a store here, I must visit it soon :)
Have a Happy Sunday & take care...
Titti

Ginny Hartzler said...

So you have special potholders hanging in a row for decoration? What a good idea, I love it! And you could buy ones for different holidays and hang them up. Like Easter and Christmas. I was trying to buy a potholder not long ago, and the clerk did not know what they are, no matter how hard I tried to explain!!

Ann said...

I like that pot holder and that is a good deal.
I kept a poinsettia alive for a couple years once but it never did turn red again.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the cute calf with it's mama. Beautiful landscapes.
Pretty potholder and your poinsettia looks pretty too.
Take care, have a great day and a happy new week.

William Kendall said...

The little calf is just getting used to the world.

Sue said...

I know the cows look forward to your visits,, I am in need of potholders too, might just check our Dollar General out this week
I finally had to discard all my poinsettias last month, they just dried up on me, though they were a few years old.
However, my Thanksgiving cactus just keeps blooming, can't figure that one out.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Jeanette said...

Nice of you to visit the cows! That little calf is so cute!

Bill said...

The little calf is cute.

ellen b. said...

That is cute that the calf is nudging mama! How nice to see that poinsettia surviving. Seems like I always get behind with blogs starting Friday through Sunday!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your poinsettia is amazing ...

All the best Jan