Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 15, 2023

A rainy walk

 This morning it was raining when I walked.
50 degrees and no wind.
Sunrise 6:40
Morning Walk Steps 12,326

Didn't drive to town this morning but started walking right from the house.
Didn't want to get the nice clean Jeep dirty driving in the rain.

This is taken about a quarter of a mile from home heading to town.


It is 2 miles to town.
Once I got to town, walked up and down the main road with a few
side trips up and down some side roads.

Pretty quiet around town on this early rainy Saturday morning
and didn't see anyone else out.
Walked 2 miles in town and then headed back towards home.
A few pictures once I turned off the main road.





The last half mile home and up a steep hill all the way.  
Doesn't look all that steep in the picture but believe it is!!


It rained the whole time but with my rain clothes on and the
umbrella the only thing that got wet were my feet.

Saw a couple of rabbits, 
and 2 red winged blackbirds fighting.

🌧    🥾    ☔️    🙂

I didn't feel like going out again so Ken went to the Dollar
General on his own this time.

I baked a white cake with vanilla icing.
A box cake so it was quick and easy.
Did make the icing though.
I made the cake in two 8 inch square pans so I could put one
of them in the freezer.

The rain stopped lunch time and it stayed in the 50's today.
Had a nice day at home in the house.
Got some knitting done and reading too.

David and Liz came over for supper which is aways nice.
We had Smoked Sausage for supper, but I put in fresh green beans instead
of the broccoli.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Saturday
happyone

Comment Replies:
Vee - The printing press cuts the paper and leaves the books in two pieces which have to be ripped apart and one part stuffed inside the other.  That is one of the steps that people do at church.

16 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you had a nice, relaxing rainy day at home. See you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

How lovely that David and Liz joined you again for supper. Makes a great ending to a day. I hope you get to walk in sunshine tomorrow. Actually, I hope we do too. Right now the forecast doesn't look too promising. That's why umbrellas were invented, right?

Vee said...

After all that walking and climbing the hill, it's no wonder that you were fine with staying home. I have just such a cake to bake this week as my grand-niece has requested "banilla" for her birthday cake.

We could use some rain, but I see none in the next few days.

Nice that the machine cuts the pages. You folks have enough to do without that!

Tom said...

...you certainly live in a beautiful area. We could use some rain, our beautiful weather has dried things up.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow,the whole place looks totally deserted! Guess because of the rain.

Hill Top Post said...

Some days hills just seem steeper than others. I would think that might be the case on a rainy day. I understand your not wanting to get the Jeep dirty. I enjoyed your rainy day pictures.

Ann said...

That looks like enough of an uphill incline to me. Especially at the end of your walk.
Beautiful pictures. It looks so peaceful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty scenes from your walk. We needed the rain, we had a few downpours and thunderstorms yesterday. The cake sounds yummy. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week.

Debbie said...

Looks like a beautiful walk, even in the rain. The rest of the day sounds perfect. We had a lightening storm yesterday that lasted hours. It was a great day to be indoors.

William Kendall said...

Quite a damp day.

Hootin Anni said...

I can feel the stretching of the muscle in my back legs now as I climb uphill with you before we sit down with a piece of cake and enjoy each other's company!!

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely walk in the rain!
Have a great Sunday!
Titti

Bill said...

Nice photos from your walk. We have enough rain here but willing to share it. :) It's a sunny Sunday here, yay!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your supper sounds tasty and so nice that David and Liz joined you.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Looks like a nice walk in spite of the rain! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the house again!

ellen b. said...

That's a great idea to bake the cake mix in two pans and freeze one. I'll need to remember that. Nice photos of your way into town and on the steep road home.