Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

We have Ice cream ๐Ÿ˜€

 This morning when I started walking it was 35 degrees.
Still dark but getting lighter earlier each day.
The sun rose at 7:07
but didn't see it because it was cloudy.
Even had a light drizzle for a little while.
Walking Steps 12,846

Walked around town under the street lights till it was light.
Then went around the ball park loop a couple of times.
Continued down the main road towards home, turned around and back to town.
The two cemeteries were next on my route and once again
I went to see the cows up at the big barn.



The road near the pond where I park is getting dug up.
I think there is a water problem that is getting worked on.

I saw a heron down by the pond but it flew away before I could get a picture.

Thought this was interesting - a little shed made out of old doors.
It doesn't have doors on the front so it might be to stack wood up in.
It is in Kermit's yard so I'll ask him when I see him.


๐Ÿฅพ    ☁️    ๐ŸŒจ    ๐Ÿ„

Food shopping day again.  We went to the Shop and Save this week
because they finally put some ice cream on sale.
Turkey Hill - 2 for $7 so we got four.
Ken picked out two chocolate.
I chose this.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ


Sure am looking forward to having some this evening.
It's been a while since we had ice cream.

I made Shrimp Macaroni Salad today.

Also made some Lemon Poppyseed Muffins - no recipe, made
them from a mix.

Did a few chores around the house.
Finished counting out and rubber banding another box of tracts.
They are all done now.

I got a hair trim.
Ken took about 2 inches off the ends.
He does a great job.

Nice to have some time to read again this afternoon.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Tuesday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜‰

It is a grave error to assume that ice cream consumption requires hot weather.
- Anne Fadiman -

Comment Replies:
Mary - The daffodils from yesterday are in a garden. 


19 comments:

Tom said...

..I find it interesting that the carton of ice cream has progressively gotten small over the years. It sure isn't a half gallon anymore.

Nellie said...

Oh, ice cream is perfect at any time! Those cows have a nice looking shelter! Is the stockyard their eventual destination?

William Kendall said...

That is one big barn.

Vee said...

Your ice cream selection sounds yummy. It makes me happy to know that you guys have ice cream ๐Ÿจ once again!

Mari said...

That sure is a big barn!
That's a creative way to use old doors!
How nice to have your own personal beautician.

ellen b. said...

I've never seen that triple combination of ice cream. Looks yummy. I like that door shed! Enjoy that ice cream!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am not a farmer but that barn looks like a really nice structure.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is sure an interesting shed. So glad you found ice cream on sale. Enjoy your treat! See you again soon!

Ann said...

I like that little shed made from the doors.
That's a great price on the Turkey Hill ice cream. It's $5.99 where I work

Hootin Anni said...

That is cheap enough for us to buy tons of ice cream!! My favorites are strawberry or black walnut. ( But must be blue Bell brand).

Love the cow images today. I bet that heron was a nice surprise

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
That sounds like a deal for the ice cream. Love all the cute cows and your daffodils. The shed made out of doors is cute. Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

What a fun little shed! I've thought about building one out of old windows. I'll put it on David's to-do list ;)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've been making strawberry milkshakes for my husband. He loves ice cream too and strawberries are in season here. Enjoy your day!

Bill said...

I like that old door shed, very creative.

Visits With Mary said...

Mr D and I love ice cream any time of year! Hope you enjoy every bite and stay warm. :)

Granny Marigold said...

The little shed made of doors is quite unusual. If it were mine I'd paint each door a different colout.

Debby said...

That is a creative shed. I've seen them before on Pinterest but I don't have any spare doors to do this with. I like they used something they had instead of just throwing it in the landfill.

I love ice cream year-round but haven't had much this winter.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The cattle look happy. Without them - no ice cream.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

The cows look comfy in their new barn! That is an interesting way to make a shed or place for wood! I can eat ice cream any time of the year!