Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Blue Bottles


Snow and icy conditions for walking this morning so did my
walking inside today.
Besides I would have had to cut my walk short because we had
to leave the house early.
Finished up Fingerprints at church this morning.
This month we put together, stapled, cut, and boxed up
6,505 Spanish Romans Books.

The baby blanket for March is finished and this afternoon I picked out
the new colors for next month.
I will start making the squares for it this coming 
Thursday when we have a work day at church.

One of the knitting projects I'm doing is a pillow.
Have never knitted a pillow before.
You knit a strip 20 inches wide and knit it 40 inches long.
Then fold it in half and sew up the sides.
Put a 20 x20 pillow form in it and sew it up.
Not sure how it will turn out!!


The next book for the book club meeting has been chosen.
The Magnolia Palace by Fiona Davis 
 A novel about secrets, betrayal and murder within one of NYC
most impressive Gilded Age Mansions. 1919-1966.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Saturday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

When told the reason for Daylight Savings time, 
the old Native American said, 
Only a white man would believe you could cut a foot off the top of the blanket, 
sew it onto the bottom of the blanket, 
and you'd be left with a longer blanket.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the dark blue glass!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your blue bottles.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

The book sounds good I am going to look that one up and see if the library has it. I also like your blue bottles on the window sill. I will look forward to seeing your pillow. Sounds interesting. You had another busy day with the Fingerprints ministry. That quote about Daylight Savings Time is so true. I hate setting the clocks back and forth. I wish Congress would make it permanent so we don't have to. I hope you and Ken have a good Sunday. See you then!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your blue bottle flowers are so pretty!!

Hill Top Post said...

I love your collection of blue bottles. I so agree with the old Native American thoughts on Daylight Savings time. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to readjust to the change.

Ann said...

The blue bottles are pretty.
Love the Native American's thoughts on daylight savings. I wish we would just stop with the time change. I'm all for staying with standard time

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the blue bottles, my favorite color is blue. The book sounds interesting, I will add it to my reading list. Have a great day and happy new week!

Jeanette said...

I think I read that book and it was pretty good. Love the blue glasses!

Anni said...

I bet those bottles are pretty when the sun shines thru them!!

ellen b. said...

Love the blue bottles on the sill and that quote is great. I think that pillow is going to be nice.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those bottles look wonderful in the sunlight.

God bless.

Bill said...

The blue bottles look very pretty in the window light.

Sue said...

The blue glasswares are so lovely, Good luck with the knitted pillow, I bet it is going to be beautiful.
I am not back to exercising yet, waiting to be sure the ankle is completely healed!
I am one who does not like the daylight savings time, and just loved the quote.
have a great day,
Blessings,
Sue

Mari said...

I Love your blue bottles!
I think the pillow is going to be pretty and I'm looking forward to the finished product!
I am not a fan of time changes and that quote is perfect!

Debby said...

Those blue bottles are so pretty. I love all blues...

I wish we would just go back to standard time. Here, daylight savings, means running the AC longer since the daylight is extended. and with our 110+ degree summers I want it to get dark. It also means loud noisy neighbors and we go to bed early but have to stay up a bit longer for it to be dark and quiet.

Oh well.

Debbie said...

I actually love the longer daylight at the end of the day. Hate the quote though. If it were stated the other way around, the "offended" would be up in arms. Funny how that works these days.

William Kendall said...

I like the bottles.