Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 06, 2023

Coins

 35 degrees when I walked this morning.
A few sprinkles in the middle of walking 
but it didn't last long and was just cloudy.
A bit of a breeze also.
Walking Steps 12849๐Ÿฅพ
Sunrise 7:19

Walking around I was thinking that I haven't found any
coins in quite a while.
A few minutes later I found 2 quarters and a penny.๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ˜Š

Walked up and town the main street and side streets in town.
Then went around the cemeteries and the ball park all a couple of times.

It was nice to see Rebecca out walking this morning.
She has been getting her exercise done inside.

Saw a man walking his dog around the ball park.
Haven't seen him in more that a year.
His name is initials like BJ or TJ but can't remember.
He was wearing a bright green hoodie like I wear.
That green speck is him up ahead.


I did have to take mine off though because I got too warm.
But a bright orange one was underneath.

Phil (wiggle man) was out making his daily video.

This house which is next door to the two twin houses is now For Sale.


Thought you'd like to see the slow progress on the drive thru bank.
The roof is on but still it sure has taken a LONG time.
I'm sure it's been way over a year since they started.


☁️    ๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️

Our frozen mini water fall.


Read for quite a while this afternoon because I want to finish
Winners by Thursday for my book club.
It's a long book with over 800 pages (reading the large print one)
and I still have more than 300 pages to go.
This third book in the trilogy I don't think is any where near as good
as the first two.
I'm curious to know what the others will say about it.
Without reading the first two books I don't think they are going to like it.

Ken is reading the second one now but he doesn't like them as much as I do
and will not be reading the third one.

A happy Monday to you.
Thanks for visiting.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š

Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect 
but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
– Bob Marley -

22 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

WoW, that is a long time to build on a building that small. Enjoyed visiting, hope you're enjoying a marvelous Monday!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is the cutest little waterfall I have ever seen. And I love the front porch on the house for sale.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I appreciate knowing your thoughts on the books. I don't usually like or read too many books in a series because I have found that the longer the series goes, the less I like the books. That isn't always the case however. It's also that way with movies, I have found. Sequels are usually not as good as the original film. Glad you could get out and walk outside, and even find a little money. See you again tomorrow!

Kim said...

Beautiful frozen waterfall. And yay, you walked outside and got a little richer in more ways than one.

Tom said...

...I like the looks of the house for sale, it looks like there was a lot of work done on it.

Vee said...

Wow! That's a lot of coinage right there! Almost makes up for the other days. ☺️

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so great to have walking weather again! That's a LONG book but I read all the time so it doesn't matter how long a book is..as long as it keeps my interest. Take care!

L. J. Lowe said...

The little frozen waterfall is so cute. What a treat...something special only winter gives as a gift. I enjoy reading about your days. It's such a big world; I'll never see it all. These little personal glimpses into another world (somewhere out there on Earth) help me to feel connected. I'm reading your memoir, one post at a time, and it's lovely.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I used to walk daily, but with the snow and the ice I am reluctant to walk, I am terrified of slipping. Hopefully by the end of the month it will be warmer around here in Southern Ontario.

ellen b. said...

You got a lot of people with holes in their pockets in your town. :)
Love the look of your frozen waterfall.

Granny Marigold said...

The house that's for sale sure looks like it would be very roomy. Your frozen waterfall is so pretty.

Ann said...

That is a long time for that bank. Since it's such a small building you wouldn't think it would take that long. Must not be top priority.
Love that quote by Bob Marley. It's so true.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the Marley quote. And your waterfall frozen in time. Several more days of finding coins like that and you will be able to buy a pack of gum. (Kidding...I know about the jar)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'm so glad you found some coins at last.

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

I love your walks. That is a long process for the drive thru being built. I love how you are always finding coins here and there as you walk. LOVE the waterfall.
Have a wonderful day! xo Diana

Jeanette said...

Love your little mini frozen waterfall!

Bill said...

They are taking lots of time to build that drive through. Coin collecting is back for another year, yay!

Mari said...

Good quote by Bob Marley.
The house for sale has lots of charm.
Love the frozen waterfall!

John's Island said...

Congrats on finding those coins. I sure haven’t found many coins on my walks. I need to start keep a better eye out for them. The drive thru bank looks neat but it is taking forever. ๐Ÿ˜Š Have a happy day!

William Kendall said...

The frozen waterfall is pretty.

Rose said...

I wonder how much there was to building that drive through that we don't see...if there is a lot underground or something. I really would like to know cause it has been a long time.

Love that shot of your waterfall.

Debby said...

Nice house for sale. I'm surprised that little building has taken so long. Maybe it was the weather or they ran out of money? We have an area here that is supposed to be a shopping center and they cut down all the trees and had these big dozers in there pushing dirt all around and it's been a year and still nothing. Where down from there a housing project started building townhouses and they are more than halfway done. I'm thinking no workers and they ran out of money.

I love the way your frozen waterfall looks. How pretty. I don't get to see that here - the most would be a thin layer of ice on the pond.

A penny saved is a penny earned (or quarters) in this instance. I think its fun that you keep track. That's being a good stewerd and it doesn't matter, how small the find is.