Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 13, 2023

Another morning walk

28 degrees this morning when I left for my walk.
It was calm with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 7:11
Walking Steps 12885 

It is just starting to get light when I start walking now
so don't have to walk under the street lights starting out.

Went first to the cemetery on the hill and walked around there
a couple of times.
Then down to the other cemetery.


From there I went to the ball park loop and then
down the main road to the Dollar General.
Was going to turn around there but thought I might as well
walk down the long flat road in the industrial park.

Then back through town and that ended my walk.

Didn't see anyone else out.
The town pond has a thin coating of ice on it again.

Blue and white sky this morning.


🌤    🥾    🙂

I wash the sheets on Monday's and even though it was cold,
the sun was shining so hung them outside.
The wind picked up and I had to keep untangling the
clothes on the line.

While house cleaning this morning I decided to change things
around a bit again.
Moved a couple of chairs back into the living area away from the
windows in the dining room.
Then a lot of little things got moved around including Geraldine the Giraffe.
She is now looking out the back widow.

Ken was out this morning and I wondered when he got home 
how long it would take him to notice I changed things around.
He was home 15 minutes before he noticed the change.

After lunch we made a trip to the dump and on the way home
stopped at the library to return a book and some DVD's and check out some more.
I reserved next months book club book Surviving Savannah 
and picked up Anxious People by Fredrik Backman.
Right now I'm reading All the Devils are here.
by Louis Penny and liking it.

Hope you had a happy and sunny day.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

You never know how strong you are 
until being strong is the only choice you have.
- Bob Marley -

13 comments:

Tom said...

...the sky over the cemetery is gorgeous.

Debi said...

Beautiful sky photo. I love the bob Marley quote... so true. Have a great week!

Vee said...

A beautiful white and blue sky with all those striations. Always good when you can have your morning walk.

ellen b. said...

Louise Penny is such a talented writer. Those skies are beautiful. Hooray for walking outside! I did some moving around of small things today, no chairs. Greg hasn't noticed any of it yet. He might not unless I tell him.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. Well done.

God bless.

Ann said...

Looks like a beautiful morning. It's 28 here right now as I type this comment.
You sure had a busy day yesterday. I need some of that ambition.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Both of the sky photos are lovely. I have enjoyed all of Louise Penny's books. Happy Valentine's Day, have a great day!

NanaDiana said...

I love to change things around a bit here and there. I can't do the big switches in this house that I used to be able to do in our last place but even small changes make a difference. That blue and white sky shot is beautiful. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! xo Diana

Debbie said...

Sometimes I make it a game to see how long it will take David to notice something different :) It takes him days! Unless it's my hair and then he notices right away :)

Bill said...

I like the sky photos, they are very pretty. Sometimes it takes me a bit to notice changes and it depends what it is. :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful sky shots. Once summer break is here I will walk in the morning, instead of after work. I like morning best. It is a great way to start the day :)

Mari said...

The cemetery shot is so pretty! I love seeing the blue sky.
Good for you for hanging things out to dry. It's the best, but I don't do it when it's this cold. :)

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views.