Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 03, 2023

A day inside

 Didn't make it outside to walk this morning after all.
It was snowing, very windy, and 11 degrees.
Back down in the basement for walking today.

Stayed in the house the whole day.
Wrote out a couple of cards.
Changed around my kitchen window over the sink.
Took out all the blue bottles and put some plants there.
Left the mason jars.
 

Did some of the puzzle.
The bottom part is done and just have that hard part between
the sky and the town to do.

Read a bit too.


Didn't do much of anything else.
Just the normal stuff.
We did see the sun today but it stayed very cold and windy.


Not much to post about today.
Hope your Friday was a good one and you have a great weekend.
Thanks again for popping in for a visit.

👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. 
A fine landscape is like a piece of music; 
it must be taken at the right tempo. 
Even a bicycle goes too fast.
– Paul Scott Mowrer -

23 comments:

William Kendall said...

Here the temperatures have sharply fallen.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your sink and the window there. And I love the pottery you showed in that last post. You have collected some perfect things for your home.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I really like what I see of your kitchen. We have a window over our kitchen sink too. And I, also, have the sill lined with little blue bottles! I also have smilar display shelves,but only one set. Is your kitchen blue & white?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love your kitchen! Is that an antique kitchen sink? It looks so homey, bright and cheerful. Glad you stayed in on a very cold day! See you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

Your kitchen looks so cozy and inviting. I love your sink!

Tom said...

...it was so cold and windy here today, that going outside was dangerous.

Granny Marigold said...

It's hard to be confined to the house for the entire day. I really miss it when I don't get out. You found things to do though and hopefully your weather will change.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Ann said...

What a pretty view you have out your kitchen window.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You've certainly got a fair share of snow.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You do have a pretty view out your kitchen window. Love the sunflower!
It is very cold here this morning. Take care, have a great weekend.

Sandi said...

I like your sink!

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Love the quote by Paul Scott Mowrer. I might need to “steal” it. 😊 Hope you will be OK with that. Have a happy weekend. John

Vee said...

Love your sink! And your view out the window above it looks like a painting. We are just coming out of the deep freeze. Glad it has been brief. It's -5 right now. Brrrr...

Bill said...

The sunflower is pretty to see.

Jeanette said...

Love your nice, bright kitchen window!

L. J. Lowe said...

I love the sink and the window view. It's nice to have beautiful things to look at while doing the dishes. It dropped temps here, too, for a few days. Otherwise, it's been unseasonably warm for this flyover state. The cold didn't even bother me much since the sun was shining away. I missed it! I run on sun, and a few months without much of it was really starting to wear on me and my overall wellness.

Your day sounds wonderful mundane. I covet days like that; where I can just piddle around and tend to little things. I live such a busy life now that those sorts of days are slow to come around.

Kim said...

Very cozy kitchen! You're so fortunate to have such a wonderful view outside!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! I bet it's disappointing to walk inside too often. I love your decor! So happy and neat! xo

Aritha V. said...

Sorry you couldn't go outside, Karen. But your kitchen looks cozy. It's always nice to be busy and change things.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely picture of your kitchen window over the sink. The plants look nice on the window sill.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful kitchen window with a view. I like the plants in the window, too.

Rose said...

Love your sink.