Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Walking inside again

Winter weather had me walking down in the basement again today.
Walked 4000 steps three times,
first thing in the morning,
before lunch
and mid afternoon.

Got the house chores out of the way and then

 I baked Chocolate Chip Scones.
A new recipe for me.
We both liked them!!
Cut it out of a magazine years ago but never made them.
You can get the recipe


I've been going through recipes that I have saved over the years.
Ones I know I'm never going to try got thrown out.
Now I want to make the recipes I've saved and then either
keep it or throw it out.

Finished reading the second book, 
Us Against You by Fredrik Backman.
After I read about a quarter of the book I said I liked it
but not as much as the first one.
Now that I read the whole book, I take that back.
It was just as good and this one even made me cry.
I give this one 5 stars too.
Now I can finally get to the third book which is the selection 
for next months book club.
Before I start on that one, I have an Anne Perry book I'd like to finish first.

The knitted ripple afghan is DONE!!
If you care to take a look at it you can find it 
 
That's all for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Bakers make the world smell better. 
- Anonymous -

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

The snow is falling here too.

Tom said...

...watch out for the ice.

Debby said...

The scones look good -

I'm sure that book is good. I myself, hate to cry anymore. I avoid sad movies and sad books. I've cried so much in the last 10 years that I physically get ill. Apparently, I have frozen feelings that I am stuffing but I don't feel stuffed - I just don't want to cry. I've gone from being a crybaby to stoic. I don't mind a few tears but...

I used to cry at the drop of a hat when I was younger...Life has changed me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your afghan is stunning, and the first word that came to mind was HAPPY. The scones look really good!

ellen b. said...

I'd never turn down a homemade scone, especially right out of the oven. Sounds like good writing when a book makes you cry. That's a cheerful afghan!

Deb J. in Utah said...

The scones look delicious. I will really have to read those Fredrik Backman books! Thanks for the review. See you again soon!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Baking is good when it is cold outside.

God bless.

Ann said...

The scones look good. I have a recipe box that is overflowing with recipes I'll probably never use.
I like your ripple afghan. It looks very springy with all those lovely colors.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your scones look yummy. Your ripple afghan is pretty.
I will see if my library has those books as an ebook for my kindle.

Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmm, the scones look heavenly!!
Your afghan looks so pretty. You have created a masterpiece of rainbow colors

Debbie said...

Those scones look delicious! I love scones :) And I didn't know you had a blog for all your creations! I can't wait to browse through and see what all you've made. The afghan is beautiful :)

Happy@Home said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who clips recipes with good intentions. I periodically go through them just like you to thin out the pile. The scones look very good.
Good to see that you made an afghan just for you. The pretty colors are sure to cheer up any day.

Inger said...

I must try those scones. You know I'm from Sweden and I can't read Backman's books. Well, in truth, I've only tried one and just didn't enjoy it. Maybe I should try another one?

Bill said...

I love scones and those look delicious.

Granny Marigold said...

The ripple blanket is beautiful. Such pretty colours.

Jeanette said...

It's snowy here and next week it's going to get really cold! The ripple afghan is beautiful. I'm definitely making those scones!

Lowcarb team member said...

The scones look good :)

All the best Jan

Rose said...

The scones look good. I am going to try to remember to look those books up and see what they are about. I done saw the afghan...I sure loved the colors.