Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Book Club Books

A warm 38 degrees, cloudy, and no breeze at all when I walked this morning.
Sunrise 7:36
Walk Steps 13,048


Just as I shut the door to the Jeep I hear a voice saying, Miss Karen, Miss Karen and there was Kinsley running over to see me.
She wanted to thank me in person for the 'socks'.
I walked her back up to her mom and we talked a little.

Perfect temperature for walking and only needed my one hoody.  
Walked up the main road through town and behind our old house.
Then over to the ball park and the loop around there a couple of times.
Continued back through town and around both of the cemeteries.

Another day of not seeing anyone else out walking.

☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿ‘‹

I used to go to a book club when we first moved here and went until it was put on hold during Covid.  

Though it started up again more than a year ago and I went a few time I haven't been for quite a while.
Today I decided to start going again and it was so nice to see all the women again.
It seems I was missed and they were glad to have me there again too.

We meet at the library every second Thursday of the month.
Since it was my first time again I hadn't read this months book so just listened.

Next month the book that was chosen is The Winner's by Fredrik Backman.
Thought it odd to read this book because it is the third book in a trilogy.
So I am going to read books one and two first.  
The first one is Beartown and I checked it out.
Second one is Us Against You, which I had to reserve because we don't have it in our library.  
I'm the first one on the list so should have it in a few days.

It's been another rainy dreary day.
Glad I have a good book to read, a knitting project, and a puzzle to do.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for poppin' in for a visit.
A happy day to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š
13,048 walk
15,818 day

Comment Replies:
Kim - Yes, the cinnamon biscuits are made from scratch.  The recipe is HERE.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I used to belong to those mail order book clubs long, long ago. Remember Book Of The Month club? anyway, I belonged to six or senen at once. Love your shot with the pond and pretty barn in the distance.

Tom said...

...being dyslexic reading has never been easy for me.

Jeanette said...

Funny, I just added Beartown to my Goodreads "want to read" list today. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. The only Fredrik Backman book I have read is A Man Called Ove. I really liked that book. I will be interested to see how you like Beartown. I have thought about joining the evening book club at the library, and maybe I will, but not right now. I just feel like taking a break from book clubs right now, and reading whatever I want. See you again tomorrow!

Mari said...

So sweet to have Kinsley thank you in person.
Glad you had such a nice walking day.
Now you better get reading!

William Kendall said...

A lot of reading for you to do.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I guess it's cold to go walking. Reading is better; but not whilst walking.

God bless.

Ann said...

How nice that Kinsley wanted to thank you in person.
A book club sounds nice. NOt only get to read a new book but enjoy hearing what others thoughts are on it as well.

KEV. Robertson. said...

It is good that you are enjoying the reading of the Books you have chosen. Most of my reading now comes from Blogs- I haven't read a Book in years - feeling better now- hope to do some sculpting tomorrow. Best Wishes to you Karen and Ken.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the view of the pond, Kinsley is a sweet girl.
I like reading, picking out the books and reading on my time schedule.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Debbie said...

The book club sounds like fun! It reminds me of the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries on Hallmark (with Candace Cameron) when she belonged to a book club that read mysteries and solved them.

Oh and thank you for telling us about George Gently! We are really enjoying the series.

Have a great weekend :)

Michelle said...

Nice that you are back in the book club. I have started to really prefer walking outside, instead of indoor exercise. Love the fresh air.

The Happy Whisk said...

Excellent on those steps! How fun that you went back to bookclub!!!! Books, knitting and a puzzle sound darn good to me. Today, I’m making rye bread and more cookies. Cheers, Ivy

Jennifer said...

So nice to get back to your book club. Hope you enjoy the books...as much as the company! Have a wonderful weekend ahead!!

Bill said...

Hope you enjoy the first two books.

Visits With Mary said...

I love to read and will be checking out this trilogy! Hope you enjoy them!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is so nice to have Kinsley thank you in person.

All the best Jan