Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Potholders

 40 degrees and raining when I started out walking.
A bit of a breeze too.
Sunrise 7:18
Walked 6 miles

Walked around town first till it got light, then walked around the
ball park a few times.  More walking up and down the side
roads in town and then around the cemeteries.


It rained the first three miles and the last three miles
it was just cloudy.
On the way home it started raining again.

Lines of rolled hay in the distance.


New color truck at the dealership in town.
Certainly NOT my choice of color.


No one else out walking that I saw but did see Phil the Wiggle Man
and stopped to talk to him.
Saturday at the firehouse Santa will be there to have 
breakfast with the kids in town.
Phil will be an elf that day.
He'll make a terrific elf.

🌧    🥾    😊

Rained pretty hard at times today and windy too.
The sun came out in the afternoon.

Hadn't planed to but right after breakfast I put a couple pieces
in the puzzle and ended up staying 2 hours.

Then got a few house chores finished.

After lunch I baked the last batch of Welsh Cookies for
the bake/cookie sale on Saturday.

Did a little knitting and reading too.
Though I like the book, One More Sunrise, that I'm reading,
I won't be reading the other two books in the trilogy.
It is a bit too Hallmarky. (I made up that word)
Very predictable and so unrealistic.

Thanks for visiting.
Life Is Good
Make your day a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Comment Replies:
Ann - Yes, I'll be making cut out Christmas cookies for the next Blankets for Babies
work day in December.  We will work on the blankets and then have lunch and an ornament exchange. 

Deb - I put the potholders on the wall near the ceiling.
The cow picture is one of the two jigsaw puzzles we've done and glued together.

 Some more potholders over here.


Closer view from the first picture.


18 comments:

Tom said...

...that's a color that is new to me. I'd rather have red.

Lowcarb team member said...

That new colour truck does stand out - don't think it would be my choice!

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a GREAT and inspired idea to hang up the potholders as wall art!! I am going to do it, too! The truck color is what we just painted the kitchen, for my Pioneer Woman things. Cheerful!

Debby said...

The truck is nice but those trendy colors go out of style and it then dates the vehicle. I prefer my vehicles to be a neutral color.

I love your pot holders. I should do this. I'm a sucker for pretty potholders.

Vee said...

I think I'd take almost any color over white, silver or black. The color options have been few and far between.

I like your potholder border. It's a good idea.

Hope Phil has fun being an elf.

ellen b. said...

That is a great description of predictable...hallmarky! Fun presentation of your hot pads!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love how you display your pot holders! That is so creative. I love the word "Hallmarky" and I know just exactly what you mean by that! Get ready for more rain and snow where you are. We are having another big snow storm tomorrow night and Friday and it will eventually make its way to your neck of the woods! Have a good Thursday. See you again tomorrow!

Hootin Anni said...

That's one reason I don't "do" anything Hallmark...too mushy & NOT realistic.
Congrats on getting the cookies done.

Ann said...

That is such a clever idea to hang the potholders like that. I like it.
Even though I can't resist watching all the Hallmark Christmas movies lately, I find myself rolling my eyes at the predictability of them all.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely pot holders.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The truck color does stand out. I love your potholder collection.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy weekend ahead.

Debbie said...

I've caught up on your last 3 posts and I just love your walking adventures :)

I also love your potholder collection! When we lived in our old farmhouse, I was collecting small enamel pot lids and hanging them as a border in the kitchen. It was such fun to search for the small lids at the antique and junk stores.

Oh, and the fact that you eat ice cream every day...LOVE it! I could eat it every day, hot or cold weather. It's my all-time favorite!

Happy@Home said...

I got a chuckle out of your made up word. I understand it completely. I give up on a lot of books and Hallmark movies for that very reason.
I enjoyed seeing your potholder collection. They make a cheerful statement around your kitchen.

Jeanette said...

Well, you certainly wouldn't have any problem picking that truck out in a parking lot! I like your potholder collection! Easy to display without taking up any room!

William Kendall said...

An odd colour for a truck

Granny Marigold said...

Of course you know how I like pretty potholders! You've got quite a lovely variety. I don't mind the colour of that pick-up but I would like red better. All I seem to see these days in cars or trucks is either black or white.

Bill said...

A bad colour for the truck.

Rose said...

I want to look at these photos of your potholders later...just to see what appeals to you.