Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 28, 2022

Monday

When I got up this morning it was 35 degrees and
pouring down rain.  
It was supposed to be stopping so I decided to wait awhile.
While waiting I got a crock pot of chili going and read my Bible.
7:30 the rain looked like it was stopping so got into my walking 
clothes and left for town in the Jeep at 7:45.
It was still 35 degrees and though the rain did stop it
was still misty and all of my walk was in the mist.
Sunrise 7:16
Walked 6 miles

Walked up the hill to the cemetery on the hill and around it first.


The field behind the cemetery has cows in it now.
A few came to see me.
I think these cows are the ones the huge barn was built for.



Didn't go down to see the bulls because it was so muddy!!!

Next I walked over to the ball park and walked around there a few times
around town and the other cemetery.
Through town once again and back to the Jeep.

There must be no school today because didn't see any buses.

No people or workers about.
A quiet walk around town.
Sure glad I was able to walk outside!!

🌧    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ™‚

All day it's been a dreary misty day
so a good day for baking.
I baked another batch of Welsh Cookies for the Drane house
cookie/bake sale on Saturday.
I still have one more batch to bake and then I'll be done.
They get dropped off at the town hall Friday.

Started reading the first book of a trilogy,
One More Sunrise by Al and Joanna Lacy
about frontier doctors out west in the 1880's.
They are Christian writers.
So far I'm liking the book!!!
I got all three books out of the library.


We had taco salad for supper using the chili from the crock pot.
Pretty good stuff.

This evening I'm going back to having ice cream for my snack.
Since Thanksgiving I've been having pumpkin pie.
Will also knit more on the ripple afghan and read some more.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊

18 comments:

Tom said...

...the girls came out to greet you.

Hootin Anni said...

Awww, love your greeting from the cows!!
Taco salad sounds mighty tasty!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope the sun comes out soon. We had a few drizzly days so I was happy to walk in the sunshine today. Thank you very much for the kind words of comfort on my blog today. You are such a sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Vee said...

Those authors and books look very interesting. I had to look them up to see if they are a married couple and learned that they have written lots of books. Thank you for mentioning them.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those books look good. I wonder if our library has them. Going to look right now. I will have to check. I am finishing the Christmas in Harmony book. It is snowing here tonight. The snow will probably reach you in a few days. I like your laid back approach to Christmas. See you again soon!

Jennifer said...

A lovely Monday! Hope the rest of your week is as productive and nice! (Late) Happy Monday wishes to you -

Mari said...

Those cows are so cute, looking at you!
Those books sound like something I would like.
Looks like a good day for you!

Granny Marigold said...

In the first picture I see the trees have lost all their leaves. They look quite lovely with the dark branches against the early morning sky.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Minus the dampness, of course.

William Kendall said...

The cows seem friendly.

Hill Top Post said...

I really like Elizabeth von Arnim's quote near the top of your blog; not sure why I hadn't noticed it before. And she is so right!

How fortunate the cows will be to have a nice barn in which to shelter when the cold, snowy winds of winter come blowing.

Ann said...

How nice of the cows to come and greet you. Taco salad with chili sounds tasty

Aritha V. said...

I look outside now and see the fog hanging. Shall I go outside anyway? You did it too and you saw beautiful things despite the grayness. Yes, your blog cheers me up and gives me courage.

THANKS

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The cattle look happy.

God bless.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yes, I remember that you don't have Cable tv. And you own some shows, I think.

It's not as easy, to get things out of our library any more. Place is still the same, but it's down street and parking isn't as nice. I no longer like a set of stairs, and the ramp is *miles* long. :-)

πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„

Happy@Home said...

You sure made the most of a dreary day.
So cute how the cows came to see you.

Bill said...

Cows probably can hear you as you approach their area. :)

ellen b. said...

Fun to see the social cows! Those books look interesting, glad you are enjoying them.