Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 14, 2022

A bent dime

It was a cloudy morning, calm, and 27 degrees.
Sunrise 7:01
Walked 6 miles

Walked around both of the cemeteries.



Then over to the ball park and walked around the loop a couple of times.
Continued walking up and down the main road, the other side of the
main road and around the lower cemetery once more before
getting back to the Jeep.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.
Pretty quiet around town.

Saw a bunch of geese, a deer run across the cut down corn field,
and smelled a skunk.

Found a dime and it was bent!!
Wonder how that happened!?

☁️    🥾    🙂    🦃

Even though it was cloudy and cold I washed the sheets and
hung them outside anyway.
Glad I did because the sun came out later in the day.

Got a little house cleaning done this morning.

The library opens at 11:00 so we left for the library then.
Dropped off a couple of books and picked up a few more.

Still have those Welsh Cookies that I have to bake
for the Drane house bake sale and made the first batch of them today.  
Have two more batches to make.

We started another jigsaw puzzle.
 1,000 piece and the name of it is,
Readers Paradise.
Hope to have it done by Thanksgiving because I need the table!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Make your day a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I've been know to pinch a penny, but not bend a dime.

Mari said...

That is one bent dime!
We had snow flurries yesterday but nothing stuck. However, it's supposed to really hit us tomorrow.

Debi said...

We will be getting our puzzle table set up shortly (we only do puzzles in the winter). Our cold weather is coming... snow flurries predicted for Wednesday! Have a great week!

Ginny Hartzler said...

A bent dime is such a strange thing to find! I wonder if you have started a box of things you have found on your walk...

Ann said...

Interesting, I wonder how that dime did get bent like that.
You have more snow than what we do. There's a little on the ground but not much.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The new puzzle sounds like one that has a picture of a lot of books. It is still cold here, but no further snow for several days. That dime is certainly interesting. See you again tomorrow.

Vee said...

You need the table! Best get crackin'. You have no time to lose. ☺️

William Kendall said...

Maybe a vice and pliers would be sufficient to do that to a dime.

vicllax said...

It's all snowing, it's so cold. Winter is really here.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A bent dime is better than no dime at all.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Hope it's not icy on your walks!
I spent all day indoors painting kitchen and didn't even find a cent when we moved the refrigerator out to paint behind it.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views with the snow. I wonder how the dime was bent?
I heard there may be a slight chance of the rain turning to snow tonight.
Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

I loved the idea (from the comments) of you starting a collection of things you find on your walk :)

I went to Hobby Lobby this week in search of a puzzle board, but ended up having to order one on Amazon. I just started a 1000 piece puzzle that has some strange dimensions and won't fit on my felt puzzle fabric. I've never had that happen before. Can you believe Hobby Lobby doesn't carry puzzle boards? Because of all my little grandkids, I can't leave mine out on the table.

Have a great day!

Rose said...

The puzzle sounds interesting...going to try to.look it up.

Bill said...

The bent dime has to be the most unusual find when walking.

ellen b. said...

Your ground looks like ours here. It's been too cold for the snow to melt although the roads are all clear. Hope you are having a good week. Things are getting better each new day here.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Did not realise you had snow there already. now that would make me smile

Lowcarb team member said...

I wonder how the dime was bent.
Enjoy doing your puzzle :)

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I need to go to the library later and drop off 3 books and pick up 2 that I requested.
The bent dime is a mystery. I remember when I was little my brothers would put pennies on the railroad track so the train would flatten them. (We walked home in good weather and had to cross the tracks).

Jeanette said...

Oh wow! I wonder how that dime got bent, too! Nice pictures even if there is snow in them!