Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Tuesday

 39 degrees this morning and cloudy when I went walking.
Walked 6.2 miles
Sunrise 7:17

Walked through town and along the road behind our old house in town.
Ran into Lisa and we walked a couple of blocks together and
then went our separate ways.
I continued on over to the industrial park and walked there
and also on the road behind the Dollar General.
Industrial park on my left and DG behind me on the right.
At the end of the road is a cul-de-sac and the very last house
has a for sale sign out in front.


Turned around the heading back to the DG.


Walked back through town and around both of the cemeteries.

Spotted another house for sale in town.
This one a couple doors down from our old house in town.

Saw Rebecca walking Leo.
Also out getting taken for a walk was Prim, but not by Roger today.  
His wife was walking the dog.
Don't know her name yet, only have seen her a couple of times.

A couple of rabbits hopping around the cemetery and also
the cemetery cat was out which I haven't seen for a while.

Reading comments yesterday that some people think 39
is too cold made me smile. πŸ™‚
I'm not even wearing layers yet but just my hoodie and after
a couple of miles I unzip it because I'm warm!
Remember too that I'm not just standing outside,
but walking at a good clip and that for sure keeps me warm.

πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ™‚    🍁    ☁️

Shopping day at the Shop and Save.
Went there this week because of some good sales
including ice cream!!

Finished reading the book Cul-De-Sac by Joy Fielding.
Was just going to read a little while and ended up
finishing the book.
I thought it was great.
Hard to put down.

Made a few more weave-its and will finish up the last couple
squares and finish the blanket later this evening.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit.
Happy TuesdayπŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone🎈

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you have such lovely scenes to enjoy as you walk!

Rose said...

You do have some beautiful views to enjoy every day! It was 36 here at one point this morn...but it does not take it long to warm up.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I am going to get that book from the library and this time I am going to finish it. Glad to know you liked it. I think I told you that I started it a couple of months ago, then had to put it aside to read something for school. Glad you had another good day. See you tomorrow. :-)

Mari said...

It's looking a little more like Fall there - very pretty! It's so nice to have that beauty around you as you walk.

Vee said...

What happened? Am I in the right place? 😁

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can see why you would not get really cold. A beautiful walk!

Ann Thompson said...

It's been in the 30's here in the mornings as well. I do wear layers but I'm not out walking like you are. That would help keep you warm

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Such lovely countryside in which to walk. How lucky.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I like what your camera captures. Good eye for a peaceful scene. Walking or no walking, layers don't keep me warmer... blood thinners keeps me cold to the toes and fingertips when temps drop below 60°.
That's a southerner for you. Whatever you're acclimated to makes a world of difference.

William Kendall said...

I am taking my hoodie along too, but inevitably it ends up in my backpack at some point.

eileeninmd said...

Love the landscapes and your views while walking. It has only been in the 40's here and we have been having rain every day. Take care, enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Nice views and photos.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

people have to remember that you are out and MOVVVVING, which is different in colder weather!!!!

πŸπŸ‚πŸŒ°πŸ‚πŸ

Jeanette said...

It's nice that you have fairly empty streets to walk on. I would love to walk farther from my house (without driving somewhere) but the streets I would have to walk on are just too busy! And walking fast does definitely warm you up!

Granny Marigold said...

I smiled when I read that you planned on going to the store that had ice cream on sale. Wednesday is my day to make my weekly grocery list up ( after looking at the sale flyer on-line) and I also look for ice cream on sale. I don't think I ever pay full price.

ellen b. said...

That's a great kind of book to read, one you can't put down. Hooray for Ice Cream on sale. I'll check now to see if your Wednesday post is up yet.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed your book 'Cul-De-Sac'

All the best Jan