Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 03, 2022

Foggy start

 

39 degrees this morning when I walked.
Patchy fog around and then sunshine.
Walked 6 miles
Sunrise 7:16


Walked through town and back and around both cemeteries.
Went down the main road toward home a ways before turning
around and heading back to town.


Didn't see anyone else out this morning.
A quiet peaceful morning.
This was the first morning I could see my breath.

Thought the blue sky made the pretty fall trees even prettier.


🍁    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ‚    πŸ˜€

After getting a load of clothes out on the line to dry
we went up to Grantsville and did a few errands.

By then it was lunch time and after lunch didn't feel like
doing any work.
So I sewed yet another strip on the baby blanket and now have
only 7 more squares to go before I'm done.

Also I'm reading a Joy Fielding book, Cul-De-Sac,
and liking it!!

Finally picked that one eggplant that grew in my garden
and made Eggplant Parmesan for supper.
Haven't had that in quite a while so it was a real treat.

That's about it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy MondayπŸ€—
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone🎈

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The TREES!!!! They are gorgeous! We don't have anything like this here yet. And the mist is so lovely and atmospheric.

Debby said...

At 39 degrees no wonder it was peaceful. I’m afraid we’re still in the mid 90’s here but we get down into the 70’s low 60’s at night and that feels so nice to be able to sleep with the windows open.

Nice photos as always!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful colours!

Vee said...

Those trees are stunning and, yes, the blue sky really complements them and vice versa. I see you hit six miles today. (Probably even earlier if I check back.) I'm glad that you took the time needed to get back up to your usual. Walks must be exceptionally pretty there these days.

Debi said...

Such pretty photos... I just love fall! Have a great week!

Ann said...

The temp here this morning was about the same. I'm not quite ready for such cold mornings.
That tree is absolutely gorgeous.

Tom said...

...a beautiful start to your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It sounds like a beautiful fall day where you are. Beautiful pictures! I got that book from the library a while back and liked it, but for some reason I had to return it to the library. I think I will try to get it again and finish it! Glad you had a good Monday. See you tomorrow. :-)

Granny Marigold said...

Great pictures but the most beautiful are the trees in that last picture.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photo with the cattle.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

It's been years since I've cooked eggplant parmesan. Sounds delicious. Your morning is too cold for me.

Rose said...

What wonderful views to.walk in! I could not pick a favorite if I tried.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the views and fall colors. The eggplant parmesan is one of my favorites, yum. Take care, enjoy your day!

Sandy said...

6 miles, good for you. I'm trying to get back into it. I managed just a bit over 4 miles yesterday. Still trying to get my energy level back after Covid. Appointments today, so probably won't get a walk in. It'a process. Your fog pictures are so pretty. Was only 39 here this am as well. Too cold for my liking, hoping it warms up throughout the day. Keep at it.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

again, your new phone cam is wonderful...

🍁 🌻 πŸ‚ 🌰 πŸ‚ 🌻 🍁

Bill said...

Gorgeous colours.

ellen b. said...

You are getting some nice color already. I do enjoy foggy photos and misty photos, so moody. How nice to cook something that you have grown!

Happy@Home said...

Your fall color is a lot further along than ours. I look forward to when it happens here. Always such a pretty time of year.
I'll bet that eggplant parmesan tasted extra good with your homegrown eggplant.