Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 26, 2022

Monday

 52 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.
A mix of sun and clouds.
Walked 5.5 miles
Sunrise 7:09


Drove the Jeep to town and parked at Accident Garage.
When Don got to work I stopped in and gave him the key.
We had a 10:00 to get the two new tires put on.

Walked over to the laundromat and took down the flyer I had put
up for the Church Open House that was this past Saturday.
Which by the way turned out to be a great day.
Quite a few people came by!
We were there from 9 - 4.

Yesterday I walked over to the barn and took a couple of pictures.



Saw Lisa out walking and stopped to talk to her.

Bill has been raking the scum off the pond with a big rake
and is doing a great job.
I stopped to talk to him and asked if he would mind if I took a picture.


I walked all over town and around the ball park and the cemeteries
too and then headed toward home.
Texted Ken and he picked me up about a mile and half from home.
He was kind enough to pick me up so I didn't have to walk up the 
very steep hill by our house.

⛅️    🥾    🍁    🚗

Last Wednesday I took a picture of a circle of mushrooms.
Did a little research on line and came to learn
that it is a called 
a Fairy Ring.
Click HERE to learn about them.

After lunch we stopped at the library and then on to the garage
to pick up the Jeep with its new front tires.

David and Liz stopped by this afternoon.
We all decided that Thursday would be a good time to have a game night.
We haven't figured out the food to eat or what game to play yet.

It was very windy today with sun and clouds.
David and Liz said when they were working they ran into hail.
Didn't have that here at the house.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈 

13 comments:

Tom said...

...that's quite a barn.

William Kendall said...

That's going to be quite a big barn.

Mari said...

That is a big barn!
I've heard of fairy rings, nice to have seen one!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Game night with David and Liz always sounds like fun. That is a huge barn. I am glad the open house at the church was so successful. See you again tomorrow!

Vee said...

You are getting back up to speed I notice. New tires are a blessing. That barn is huge!

Rose said...

I have yet to see a fairy ring this fall...but I haven't been anywhere but home or somewhere right here in town.

That barn is huge!

Granny Marigold said...

There sure are a lot of superstitions associated with fairy rings. I'll be keeping an eye out for one.
Thursday night game night sounds like a great idea.

Ann said...

Wow, that is one big barn.
Interesting on the fairy ring.

Brenda said...

If not Monopoly or Scrabble…try Risk…

Hootin Anni said...

I will leave shortly to read about the fairy ring. That job of work to clean the pond is surely hours long!! And the barn is collasal

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a big barn.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

That is a big barn! I love the idea of a fairy ring!

Bill said...

That's going to be an impressive barn when it's done.