Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

The Dentist


A clear morning and 44 degrees for walking.
Once the sun rose it was sunny.
Sunrise  7:10
Walked 5.8 miles 

Walked through town and over to the Dollar General.
Then it was around the ball park a couple of times,
and both of the cemeteries.


 Saw Lisa and Dwayne at the start of my walk and
Rebecca at the end of it.

Kermit has some logs out in back of his house.
Now he has to split them all.


They started putting the siding on the barn.
Happy to say it is red.

A nice crisp sunny walk - feeling like Fall.

☀️    πŸ₯Ύ    🍁    πŸ‚    πŸ˜€

We both had dental appointments this morning.
Just the regular 6 month cleaning
but still not my favorite thing to do.

I went first and got a very good report.
In and out in just 35 minutes!!

Ken was up next and the same thing for him.

So HAPPY that that is over for another 6 months.

🦷    🎈    🦷    🎈

This afternoon we went to church to put away the stuff
at our table from the open house.
Taking down goes a lot faster than putting up so it didn't take very long.

Before supper I did some reading and a little knitting.
Supper was easy this evening.
Homemade pizza that we made last week.
Nice to make two so there is one to freeze.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Happy Tuesday😊
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone🎈


🎈    🎈    🎈
No, my friend, I am not drunk. 
I have just been to the dentist, 
and need not return for another six months! 
Is it not the most beautiful thought?
- Agatha Christie -

My dental hygienist is cute. 
Every time I visit, 
I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while waiting in the lobby. 
Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments.
- Steven Wright -

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of timber.

Mari said...

I'm not a fan of the dentist either. But now you are done!
Lots of wood to split!
A red barn is the best.

Tom said...

...I had my teeth cleaned last week, no cavities!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I don't really enjoy going to the dentist either, but it is always good to get a good report and be done for another six months!

Granny Marigold said...

I like the Agatha Christie quote. I'm sure we all agree.

Ann said...

I've always hated the dentist. Glad you had good reports. I'm laughing just picturing someone eating a whole pack of oreos before going in for a cleaning.

Phoebes World said...

I really need to see a dentist... but not the one I saw six months ago... who wanted to charge me $3,000 for cosmetic work I dont need. Glad you had a good report..
You always go on such lovely walks... and this time of year the colours are so pretty..
And who doesnt love a red barn?
Phoebe x

Hootin Anni said...

Lol on the Oreo cookies!!

Vee said...

Hahahahaha...that last comment. Your mileage is creeping up!

Jeanette said...

Cute joke by Stephen Wright! Glad the barn is going to be red!

Happy@Home said...

Hooray for a good report from the dentist. I can relate to Agatha Christie's quote :).
I see lots of touches of fall on your walk.

Bill said...

I don't think that there are many people who love dentists. Nice header, it looks so peaceful. Is that the lake where you park sometimes?