Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday

This morning was a copy of yesterday morning.
64 degrees and foggy at first but then sunny.


Started my walk going around both cemeteries.
Then walked down 219 about a 1/2 mile, turned around and walked back to town.


Not sure what these flowers are (maybe snapdragons?) but they were all along
the edge of the road.



Continued walking through town and then around the ball park.
Saved the ball park till last because it was nice and cool in the shade.

Saw a truck pulling a boat on a trailer through town.
Got a kick out of the name on the back of the boat.
WETTE VETTE

A quiet early morning around town.
Saw some deer, rabbits, and wild turkeys.

Lisa was walking with her husband Dwayne.
They were coming down the hill from the cemetery as I was
getting back to the Jeep.
Dwayne asked me it I had walked around the cemetery yet.
Told him yes.
He smiled and said, 
"You were the one who left the message on the mirror."
(mirror is so cars can see around the corner and when
there is mist on the mirror I always leave a little message)
I confessed that it was me.
He said I figured it was you. 
That is the third person who has said that to me!
Todays message was
A happy day to you.
: )

Sure was a nice morning for walking.
Walked 6 miles

☀️    🥾    🙂

Didn't really need to do any laundry but the day was just
too nice to pass up a load of wash on the line, 
so did a small load.

Changed a couple of things around in the living room.
Moved the church pew to the other side of the room 
and a few other little things around.
I'm liking it better - at least for now anyway. 🙂

Finished sewing the latest baby blanket sitting on the porch
and then read.

Late afternoon we had a thunder storm come through.
Not all that much rain but it sure was windy!

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Saturday. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

A morning walk sets us out on the right foot for the day.
- Terri Guillemets -

15 comments:

Vee said...

Such a simple thing, Karen, a message on a misty mirror, yet people notice and it is a day brightener. I am pretty sure that you could be a character in a book about your town.

Tom said...

...nope, the yellow flower is butter and eggs!

Granny Marigold said...

The yellow flowers look a bit like Yellow Toadflax. Maybe someone else can either verify or be able to say what they are. I'd love to know the names of all our wildflowers!!

Inger said...

How lovely and small townish to leave a message on the mirror and have people know it was from you. I love it.

Debby said...

The message on the car was sweet of you. Around here, if anybody goes near a parked car they don't know, they call the police. If you touch a car, the alarm goes off. So I dare not.

I remember years ago, at a Gag/joke store - you could buy a pad of funny "tickets" you leave on people's windshields. I recently came across a ticket. Now I don't know if I saved it or threw it out.

Mari said...

The picture of the cemetery in the mist is so pretty!
I love the message on the mirror. :)
It's fun to move things around from time to time.

Hill Top Post said...

I enjoyed the cattle pictures. They could almost have been taken here in our neck of the woods except that it is much drier here.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for a great selection of lovely photos.

God bless.

Ann said...

Such wonderful pictures from your walk. If I had scenery like that for a walk maybe I would get out there more.
I used to frequently change things around in my living room. I would get tired of it looking the same. These days I'm satisfied with them being right where they are...lol

Anni said...

A perfect day all around!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty views and photos from your walk. The mirror message sounds fun.
The yellow flowers are pretty. Have a happy day and great new week!

William Kendall said...

A morning walk is a welcome thing.

Bill said...

The foggy morning is nice to see.

ellen b. said...

Fun message on the mirror and I'm glad someone noticed and knew it was you! I like that flower that Tom calls Butter and Eggs.

Jeanette said...

Such a nice way to make someone smile by a little message on a misty mirror!