Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 07, 2022

BBQ Progress

68 degrees this morning when I started walking.
Had some drizzly rain for the first couple of miles,
then cloudy and the last mile the drizzly rain came back.
The rain was nice as it kept me cool.


 Like most days I walked around the two cemeteries,
the ball park, and then all around town.

Pretty quiet around town this morning, it seemed more like a Saturday.

Saw all the usual rabbits and listened to all the birds chirping happily.

Rebecca was out walking and we passed each other quite a few
times as we each walked our routes for the day.

Walked 6 miles

🌧    ☁️    🌧    πŸ₯Ύ

We left for Uniontown mid morning for Ken's appointment at Quest
to get some routine blood work done. 

While we were out that way we stopped at Harbor Freight.
 We needed to buy another dolly for Fingerprints and
also got a new sprayer for the hose outside.

We couldn't decide where to eat lunch so we ended up
going home and having nachos for lunch.

This afternoon found us outside.
Ken continued his work on the BBQ.
He made a wall bridge right from the deck over to the BBQ
with steps up and down each side.
You can walk from the deck right to the BBQ.
BBQ is still a work in progress, but thought you might like
to see how it is coming along.


The daisies out front along one of the rock walls is now blooming
with lots more buds about to bloom.




That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.πŸ€—
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️
πŸ™‚Be the reason someone smiles todayπŸ™‚


Comment Replies:
Ginny - The cat lives across the street from the cemetery and I see him around the cemetery most days so I call him the cemetery cat.

21 comments:

Tom said...

...Ken sure is handy with stone!

Debi said...

Can't wait to see the end result of the BBQ... I just love the stonework! Daisies are my favorite flowers... they were my wedding bouquet!

Mari said...

That stone work is looking so nice! Good job Ken!
Daisies are so cheerful!

Hill Top Post said...

I would love to go walking in the rain again. Your wet roadways look so inviting. Ken is a master with his rock creations. I love your daisies. My mother's name was Daisy so they make me think of her.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Ken is doing a great job on the BBQ are and stonework. He is a very talented guy. Harbor Freight can be a fun store. I always tell Charly that when we go there, I always seem to find something cool that I never knew I needed! Have a good Friday. See you then. :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Ken really knows what he is doing, he is so good at this kind of work. Your Daisies are so big! Thanks for your answer, I would have called him The Cemetary Cat, too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That BBQ will be a showpiece once it is done.

Ann said...

That BBQ is coming along nicely. Love the idea of the rock bridge.

Hootin Anni said...

To be able to build your own BBQ pit with style is SO impressive. I am in awe. Also, pretty daisies

William Kendall said...

The daisies are pretty.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The BBQ is looking good, I love the stone work. The daisies are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Ken is really good at Rockwork- Stonework...things are looking great! Regards. KEV.

Vee said...

Your daisies have always been beautiful. That BBQ is going to be great. Ken can build anything from stone.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

We could do with some of that drizzle and rain here, way too hot

Henny Penny said...

Never in my life seen so many rocks in one place. I would have a field day! I picked up another rock yesterday on our walk. The daisies are so pretty. Okay, I'm going to look for your post about when you and Ken met. Didn't get to read it the other day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ken (as the old saying goes) is a *Glutton For Punishment*! All that rock work!

But I know... He loves doing it!!!!!!

Gentle hugs,
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“

Bill said...

The BBQ area is looking nice.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your daisies are just beautiful. I walked in the woods today and was amazed at how many new wildflowers were blooming. That rain is good for flowers!

Granny Marigold said...

The BBQ and the path leading to it is coming along well and looking great!!
As are your Daisies. I find those Shasta Daisies bloom for such a long time
( unlike other plants such as peonies which last a week or maybe 10 days).

Jeanette said...

Ooo that BBQ is going to be nice!

ellen b. said...

That's going to be a great barbecue! It's been a while since we went to Harbor Freight.