Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tuesday

A beautiful morning for walking.
45 degrees and sunny with no wind.
By the time I got back to the Jeep it was already 53.

Walked all over the place around town but didn't make it to the
ball park before I ran out of miles.

Won't be able to see the barn from here for very much longer
The trees will soon fill in.


 A little bit farther down the road is the farm driveway.


Saw some more swallows, this time up at the cemetery on the hill.
There are babies in the bird house and I watched mom and dad go
in and out feeding them.  I stood there and watched for a little while.
These two are the best pictures I could get with my phone.




No fishermen at the pond today.
Rebecca was out walking her dog Leo and
I saw an older couple walking.
I say older couple, but I think I am older than they are.

Mornings like this I have to make myself go home.
Walked 6 miles


☀️    ๐Ÿ˜Š    ☀️

Made a quick trip to the Shop and Save for groceries.
We didn't need much of anything but got a bunch of
stuff on sale so stocked up a little.

Happy to say that a humming bird has been visiting the feeder now.

I was going to plant the flats of pansies and petunias from
yesterday but there is still a chance of freezing temperatures
for a while yet, so thought I'd better hold off a while.
The strawberries and eggplants will be easy to cover.
I did go outside and get the planters ready for planting though
and a little more weeding of the gravel.

Took this picture standing on the front porch.
The purple flowers in the triangle are Bungle Weed,
a good ground cover and it comes back every year.
We have some outback too.
The first raised garden is where the strawberries are planted.
The second one has rhubarb and the eggplant.


We were sitting out back on the deck 
reading, seeing the clothes blowing in the breeze on the line,
hearing the water flowing down our little waterfall,
seeing a couple of deer wander by 
and seeing the woods starting to turn green,
and I thought
how blessed we are to live here.

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day. ๐Ÿค—
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️



Comment Replies:
Tom - The Pleasant Valley Greenhouse here is also run by the Amish. ๐Ÿ™‚

24 comments:

Tom said...

...we were in the Adirondacks yesterday and today. This morning at sunrise it was 40 F and by afternoon is was 79 F. Beautiful.

Sandi said...

Ah, that sunrise! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Vee said...

Yes, I did. And I even got out of the house to enjoy it; however, I didn't have to make myself go home. That's how much you were enjoying your day. That's a lovely photo of you. So funny about saying "older couple" and then realizing they were probably younger than you and Ken. I sometimes say that he or she is about my age and one of the kids will raise an eyebrow. Right, mom. Ha!

Debby said...

I'd love to walk that walk with you. So pretty. I love the early morning.

William Kendall said...

I haven't seen any hummers yet.

Rose said...

I love that second photo...just want to walk down that lane. Love that you caught the one swallow in flight! And that is a great photo of you.

Ann said...

I'm impressed by how far you walk every day. I used to love to walk but haven't done so in a long time. I never did more than a mile or two though.

Mari said...

What a perfect walk and a great day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so good to see YOU! You sure live in a beautiful place. A great photo of the Swallow in flight.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yes, you live in a beautiful area. -smile-

๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wonderful pictures from today's walk. I love your raised gardens. We had freezing temperatures last night and may have more again tonight before we have another warm up, so I haven't planted anything yet. You do live in a beautiful area and have a good life! I love that selfie picture. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

I loved the farm pictures today. In fact, there was a lot I loved about this post!

Hootin Anni said...

Happy to read your hummingbird returned. And the swallow flight image is awesome...I know how difficult they are to capture. So...the great picture of you?...a mirrored image selfie?!!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos and a wonderful walk.
The raised planters look great.
I am happy your Hummingbird returned. The Tree Swallows at the nesting box are cute. Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I seem to always visit your Blog a day late. I've been told it is due to time lag. So now I type much faster, but still no good. I'm a day late again. Advice?

God bless.

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures, and sweet reflections on how blessed you are to live where you live.
I feel that we are blessed to live where we live, as well, and I love your attitude of gratitude.
It's important to foster an attitude of gratitude, and practice happiness :)

Have a happy day.
~K.

p.s. I had to smile when I read your 'older couple' bit. I catch myself thinking the same things sometimes, and then I realize that we're most likely referred to as that 'older couple'...haha!!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the photo of YOU! It does look like a beautiful day. We are getting out a lot this week because of the nice weather and it IS hard to go home. I have plenty of energy...until I get home! Then I crash. lol Hugs!

Bill said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I like the light on the farm's driveway, it's beautiful.

Jeanette said...

I love the early morning pictures!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can’t help but smile when you describe where you live. It sounds so lovely and perfect.

Happy@Home said...

This is such a pretty time of year. Something new to see daily. The pictures from your walk are so peaceful looking. You do, indeed, live in a lovely area. I watched a hummingbird at the feeder today too. It never ceases to amaze me how tiny they are.
A beautiful photo of you!

ellen b. said...

Good to hold off on planting. We've had some surprising freezing temps overnights here lately. That bird on the lower part of the photo looks large compared to the one on top of the birdhouse. Glad to hear the hummer returned!

Retired Knitter said...

When I think back to that property during the time when you first started on that little cabin - so many wonderful changes.