Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 02, 2022

Another day another walk

A couple of pictures from my walk yesterday morning.


 

🌸    🌸    🌸

This morning when I walked the temperature was 50 degrees.
Started out pretty foggy but then a mix of sun and clouds.
Walked 6 miles

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park which is all down
the left side of the main road through town.

This is the best picture I could get of the swallow on the fence.
Times like this I wish I had a camera besides my phone.


Stopped back at the Jeep to pick up a library book
and then over to the library to drop it down the book slot.

A road in town is getting scraped down and ready for some new black top.


Continued walking down to the Dollar General where I turned around
in the parking lot and walked back through town and to the Jeep.

A couple rabbits hopping around as usual.
The two men were fishing again at the pond.
Saw Lisa running down the road going in the opposite
direction then I was.  Haven't seen her in a while.  Think she usually
is out running a little later than me.

A delightful morning for walking.
I like that word delightful.  🙂

🌤    🌼    🥾    🌺

Monday again and time for the sheets to get washed and hung out on the line.
A few more house chores got done this morning.

Then after lunch I went outside.
After all the rain yesterday it was a good time to pull up
the weeds that are starting to come up already in the gravel.
Also weeded and raked our little asparagus garden.
We have three plants and they come back each year.

Did a little reading and made a few weave-it squares too.

Nice to be outside on a sunny day 
and for that I am thankful.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 🤗

Comment Replies:
MsBB - I wrote a post back in 2010 about how I got started walking.  You can read it HERE.

15 comments:

Rose said...

I love the sky...love to be out when it looks like in the first two photos. It was a nice day here, too.

Tom said...

..it's good to hear that you have a good day, it was beautiful here.

Hootin Anni said...

That's a tree swallow!!! My favorite...so colorful. Speaking of trees, that first image is incredibly beautiful. (Wish we had some rain)

Ginny Hartzler said...

It does seem like it was perfect weather. My, you have a lot of energy, it makes me tired just reading this! Cute swallow, maybe a Barn Sallow?

William Kendall said...

Wonderful sky views.

Granny Marigold said...

Swallows are such beautiful birds but hard to get a picture of. They're always on the move. I love to watch them swoop gracefully over the lake.
I love that first picture. The clouds seem to radiate from that shrub/tree.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like the word delightful too. We had a nice day here too - sunny and a little breezy and not too warm. I love the picture of the swallow on the fence. See you again tomorrow!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture is stunning. I kept scrolling back to it several times.

Mari said...

That little swallow is so pretty!
You had a productive day, as usual.

ellen b. said...

Lovely photos from yesterday. That's a pretty blue on that swallow. Sounds like a good day!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views and a sweet Swallow. We had some fog early yesterday morning.

Take care, enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Pretty impressive skies. Nice wee bird, you got him before he took off. Have a great day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yesss, tree leaves are really blooming!

You will want to avoid that black topped road, for a bit!

Thank you for your answer to my question.

🌸 🌼 🌸 🌼 🌸

Vee said...

Your comment about "delightful" made me grin. You haven't had much chance to use it until now, but I am confident that there are many more delightful days ahead. Yes, I know what you mean about wishing for another camera in addition to your phone. I have a similar wish.

Galla Creek said...

I love the swallow picture. Glad you finally got a warmer day. Cool here today.