Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2022

A Peek Inside

 Sunrise 6:27
50 degrees, calm and cloudy when I started walking.
Sun shinning by the end of my walk.
Walked 6 miles

On my way to town I saw 6 deer and 2 bunnies,
 cardinals, a bluebird, a bluejay and a bobolink.

A young couple was out walking with morning and another
woman who I've never seen before.
Joy was out too.
Rebecca and I ran into each other 4 different times as
we each walked on our different routes.

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, and
all around town.

Not much left of the tree now, just the stump.


The twin houses are coming along.
The second house is now sided in a light gray color.


I took a peek in the big front window and took this picture of the
living room and kitchen.


A hallway to the left probably has 3 bedrooms and a bath.
A nice little house. πŸ™‚ 🏠

A little bouquet of daffodils in the middle of the grass.


Don't know if you can see it but there is a
crow sitting on a gravestone in the middle of the picture.
It is sitting on James Drane's stone.
Just thought it made a nice picture with the Drane house
in the background.


🌀    😊    🌼    πŸ₯Ύ

Good weather for doing the laundry and had it out on the line
blowing in the gentle breeze.

We went out to do a few errands today.
A stop at the library to drop off and pick up more books.
Took our garbage to the dump.
Had to pick up a few items from the Dollar General and the Shop and Save.
While we were out we went through the drive thru at 
Burger King for lunch.
 
Today it was warm enough to sit out on the front porch.
I sat out there eating my snack of raw baby carrots.
The baby ones are sweet and so good.

Got some knitting and reading done too.

Another good day and for that I am truly thankful.
A happy day to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, I've walked on some of the trails.  One of the state parks border our property with trails.  Hardly anyone ever uses them either.

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Pretty daffs!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I wish we had a front porch! Those houses ARE alike. I love peeking into houses, good for you! The graveyard pic is lovely!

Mari said...

A beautiful day! I love the daffodils. Ours are blooming too.
The pic of the gravestones with the Drane house in the background is touching.

Tom said...

...I saw the crow after you commented on it. Probably wouldn't have on my own.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful flowers. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I found the crow, love all the photos. Sounds like you had a nice day!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Rose said...

We had wind yesterday...more than a breeze. I got to sit on the porch and read for the first time this year. And just really enjoyed it.

Hootin Anni said...

I'd be one to walk the trails for sure!!
Love the headstone/crow image...a bit gothic.

Spring has arrived then? Perfect time to be outdoors

Kerin said...

Porch sitting is one of my favorite past times and I'm happy for you that warmer weather has arrived to enable you some quality porch sitting time :)

Cute little houses...they will make a nice little home for someone, I'm sure.

What a sweet picture of the crow, and the Drane house in the background.

~K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love baby carrots too and eat some almost every day. Those are nice little houses. Do you have basements in your area? We have Daffodils, Tulips and Hyacinth out in bloom everywhere around here. I lie the picture of the bird on the gravestone. Looks like something out of Edgar Allan Poe. Have a good Sunday and I will see you again soon!

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a beautiful day!
Love, Titti

Jeanette said...

I do like that picture of that crow sitting on the gravestone! That looks like it's going to be a cute little house!

Bill said...

Pretty flowers.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You had me with the subject line!!!!! Nothing I like better than a peek inside of ANYWHERE!!!!

Thank you for giving us this peek inside the new houses. Yes, a lovely little starter home. Like ours was, actually.

Or a downsize home. Being all on one floor, is so important, in old age. And one of the bedrooms could be a 'den.' And one could be a sewing room, or whatever the owner(s) liked to do.

Can't wait to see, who buys them!!!

Gentle hugs
🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸

Granny Marigold said...

I would not have noticed that crow if you hadn't mentioned it.
A lovely bunch of daffodils. Spring flowers are popping up everywhere lately.

ellen b. said...

Thanks for pointing out the crow. Nice catch. You got a lot accomplished. Sounds like more folk come out in the Spring!