Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, January 02, 2022

Reading the Bible

 Happy first Sunday of the year.


Every year I read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and every time
I read the last few verses it always gives me the chills.

Revelation 22:17-21
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. 
And let him that heareth say, Come. 
And let him that is athirst come. 
And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words
 of the prophecy of this book, 
If any man shall add unto these things, 
God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19. And if any man shall take away from the words 
of the book of this prophecy, 
God shall take away his part out of the book of life, 
and out of the holy city, 
and from the things which are written in this book.

20. He which testifieth these things saith, 
Surely I come quickly. 
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.


This year I'm reading the Bible in chronological order.

A Blessed Sunday to all.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I think it is so great that you read the bible all the way through every year! Amazing. How many chapters and verses do you have to read every day to accomplish that? I read in the Bible every day, but there is no way I even come close to finishing in a year. I am in Psalms in the Old Testament right now, but I am not really going through the Old Testament in order. Our church is studying The Old Testament in depth this year. Those last verses of Revelation are very powerful indeed. God bless you with many good things in 2022. :-)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Reading the Bible through is such a wonderful thing to do! Here wishing that you have a wonderful year ahead with all good and happy things!

Tom said...

...stay healthy, hopeful and happy in the New Year.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Happy New Year to you.

Vee said...

Bible reading is a good thing. I'm only in Hebrews for 2021. So much for reading through last year. The year before, I did better. I agree with you, there is a particular effect that Revelation has, especially those closing verses.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have read through the Bible several time and really need to do it again sometime. Not that I don't read it, just not from cover to cover but in bits and pieces.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for this reading, Happyone.

God bless.

Davey Bacaron Designs said...

Reading a bible makes me happy and relax.

Bill said...

I need to get a new bible.

ellen b. said...

Whosoever will...
So good to read the Bible through.

netablogs said...

I think reading chronologically is really the best way to read through the Bible. It gives one such a clear picture of God's promises and fulfillment, and his love for his creation. I have amazed myself by setting aside 45 minutes a day and reading through the entire Bible chronologically in 4 1/2 months. It's not easy, but it can be done! Keithferrin.com gives some great tips! I love those final verses as well.

Sandi said...

Perfect verse! Intense, though.