Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 03, 2022

A little change

 I had another warm rainy walk yesterday
but this morning the temperature dropped to 24 degrees.
There was a slight breeze and cloudy - no peaks of sun at all.

Walked all around town and the industrial park.
Didn't see anyone else out walking.



Nice to walk and stay dry.

Quiet around town, nothing unusual today.
Walked 6 miles
Counted up the coins I found this year.
Not very many - only $2.50

Then there were all those 20 dollar bills I found along the road back in October.
Remember Carlos?

Used to find a lot more coins when I walked where we
used to live in Howard county.
Then I'd find between $10 and $18 dollars a year.
Lot more people down there and I used to find quite a few coins
in the parking lot of a liquor store.

☁️    😊    ☁️

Gave the laundry room a thorough cleaning this morning.

Then moved some furniture around.

Made this little corner for my mom's rocking chair.


These two chairs that I moved to the dining room
area by the glass doors were in the corner where the rocking chair
now sits in the picture above.
I know we will enjoy sitting there looking out back.


Also got the sheets washed and back on the bed,
vacuumed all the rooms and cleaned the little bathroom.
What a great start I got on this weeks house cleaning.

Supper this evening was sausage with onions and peppers.

Temperature went down a few more degrees during the day.
It was cloudy all day till a little after 4:00 and then
the sun came out so it could set.

Plan to do a bit of reading this evening and maybe
make some weave-it squares.
There is the February blanket to do next.
January's Baby Blanket you can see

That's it for today.
A happy Monday to you and thanks for stopping by. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

18 comments:

Tom said...

...your home looks warm and cozy.

Granny Marigold said...

Your plants seem to like their spot by those big windows. The rocking chair looks good there in the corner.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your mom's rocking chair looks good there.
Thanks for the Carlos link - I used it :)

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Sausage with onions sounds good right now.

Debi said...

The rocking chair corner looks cozy. We love sausage with onions and peppers. Have a great week!

Hill Top Post said...

I used to enjoy rearranging our furniture, but, as of late, everything has pretty much stayed put...except for the sewing room makeover. I can imagine both of you will enjoy this arrangement so you can sit and watch the snow coming down.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I see you have some house plants. I love having plants in my house and have several at various places. It was fun to see how you rearranged the furniture. Yes, Nomadland is a very sad story. I would not want to feel like I had to live in my van or be homeless. Hope you have a good week. See you again tomorrow!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

-clapping hands- Oh photos inside your home!!!! Love, love, love these.

Your little corner is precious. And love, where the moved chairs are now.

LOOK at those beeeeeautiful wood floors!!!!! Simply gorgeous....

More, more, more... Please. More pics inside your home.

Please...

Pretty please...

Pretty please with sugar on it....

-grin-

You seeeee? you have created a monster now. With these pics!!!!!! :-)))))))))))

And so much accomplished today! I am so jealous. I seemed to spend the day, doing telephone chasing of this issue and that issues. UGHHHH! And picking up a Grocery Order To Go. So dislike those telephone chasing issues days!!!! And they aren't all resolved.

You want snow too!!! Yessss!!! Where can we go, to complain? LOL

Hugs...

⛄ ⛄ ⛄ ⛄ ⛄

Mari said...

We have the snow! We had a big storm Sat into Sun, and another big one predicted Wed night.
I love your new sitting area - looks so cozy!
That blanket is very nice, some baby will be blessed by it.

ellen b. said...

I think you'll enjoy those changes you made with comfy seats to look outside. I do wonder when your snow will arrive!

netablogs said...

You have a cozy home! Happy New Year!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are $2.50 richer. Well done.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your home looks beautiful and comfy. The snow missed us yesterday, but it was colder and windy. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great week ahead!

Lisa said...

We started a jar this year to add all the coins we find when we are out walking. We are interested to see how much we find all year.
I love how you moved the chair to the window like that. I have a fold up chair I will put up inside that patio door on the days I can’t go outside. I love to sit and watch the birds.
Lisa

Rose said...

I would love sitting looking out back!

It sounded like a chilly start to the day. I wonder if people use credit cards more now and just dont use cash as much?

Ruth Hiebert said...

I just love how comfy and cozy your home looks.

Bill said...

Your mother's rocking chair looks great where you put it. Sausage with peppers and onions sounds delicious.

Aritha V. said...

am in love with your little corner! Well done.