Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 28, 2022

Around and Around

 Started my walk in the basement when it was still dark out.
Walked 2 miles.
A while back someone asked how many loops I walk in the basement.
I answered that I didn't know and didn't want to know! 😃
Well this morning I counted and 14 trips around the layout is
1/2 mile.  That sounds better than 28 times for a mile.
Every quarter mile I change direction.
Wind up one way and unwind the other way. 😃

After breakfast and a couple house chores later I was ready
to go outside and shovel the snow off the driveway once again
when there was a break in the snow.
Only a couple of inches but then it started snowing again
and has been all day.

Came in for lunch and then went out walking in the snow.
I suppose by now you all are getting tired of snow pictures
but here's a few more .


Up at the top of the lane I couldn't see town today because
of the snow.


Walked along here too. 


Walked 4 miles outside so got all 6 miles walked.

It snowed the whole time I was walking and it was wonderful
to be out walking in a snow globe.

I have heard people say they hate snow. 
I wonder if they have ever been out walking down a country lane in it.
Seeing no one, hearing the quiet, and feeling at peace with the world.
There is something magical about walking in the snow.
When I'm out in the snow, 60 years fade away and I'm 10 years old again.

I did finish reading Home to Harmony last night and absolutely loved it.
Will start the second book in the series this evening.

We have started another puzzle.
Just got all the pieces out on the table and the border pieces picked out.


That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit
and thanks so much to all who take the time to leave a comment.
😊 Happy Friday 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...it looks white and beautiful here too, but some sun would be nic. Take care and stay warm and well.

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm convinced that everyone over about 60 actually feels about 10 years old in some corner of our minds.

Rose said...

There could never be too many snow pictures...like you, I am young again when it snows. Except now, I refrain from doing what I want to do. But it is hard.

I cannot remember which book it was in...it may be Front Porch tales...not a Harmoy book...though I think of them all because I read them all I feel like within a year or two...I think I got one of the Harmony books and Front Porch Tales at the same time. Anyway, in what is not much of a tale...he is talking about taking his son to Kindergarten for the first time..just something he says about taking his son to kindergarten the first day...and he talked about after he stops crying...and he means himself, not his son. It just cracked me up. But I cannot remember the full way he says it. And I have given the books away.

William Kendall said...

That's a good puzzle to work on.

Martha said...

I would never get tired of seeing the beautiful snow photos, but I'm glad I don't have to live in it and especially glad I don't have to shovel it. I can imagine how magical it must be to be out walking in the snow, especially where you are.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I will finish Home to Harmony tonight or tomorrow. It is really good. I ordered #2 and #3 in the series from Amazon and hopefully will get them over the weekend or early next week. I like the new puzzle. I love walking in the snow, and in fact I don't mind snow at all, except when I have to drive in it. Hope you and Ken have a good weekend.

NanaDiana said...

Wow! That is a lot of basement steps! Good for you for sticking to it. Rewinding every 1/4 mile sounds like a great idea. Your pictures are great but I am so tired of the snow. I am definitely a warm weather person. xo Diana

Granny Marigold said...

Snow is pretty and when it's snowing I love to sit and watch it come down. Walking in it is nice too. But after a month of it I'm ready for it to melt.
I like this puzzle but then I like all the puzzles you choose.

Hill Top Post said...

The puzzle is perfect. The model train should be fun for you. i never tire of snow pictures so keep right on posting. There's a lot of winter left.

Hootin Anni said...

Too many bad memories for me with snowy weather (where I grew up it was from early September to June with deep snow in the Colorado Rockies...even picnics on the 4th of July in snow a few years)...I still prefer the dreamscape of surf and sand!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like a little snow, it does look pretty in photos. I especially like your last snowy scene with the fences. The puzzle looks like a good one.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Retired Knitter said...

I am struggling to complete the winter puzzle I started in December. It is harder as I get to the sky. Last night I finally stopped looking at the picture portion of the pieces and just looking at the shapes. It is moving along a little better now but still hard.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Concerning snow... It's probably the different forms of inconvenience, which makes people "hate snow."

Agree, they need to take the time to notice, the beauty of it. The quiet, which seems to settle, when it is falling.

Even if they can't get out and walk in it, they can take the time, to sit and watch it fall..... Letting the peace of that, fully seep into them.

Or bundle up and open the door, and experience the beauty and silence and calm, even standing there.

:-)

And you have a wonderfully working gas fireplace, a new one of course. Since your home is new and so well insulated. All adding to perfection!

Our fireplace, now gas, is simply the original fireplace... Open. And to use it, pulls the furnace heat, out of the room/house. So the only time we enjoy it, is between winter and spring... And between autumn and winter.

🌲⛄🔥⛄🌲

Vee said...

You cannot chide me nor coax me into loving snow. 😁 And, yes, I have been out in the woods all alone as snow was falling. Yes, pleasant, for two minutes and a half.

It must be exciting to know that you have so many books left in the Harmony series.

Bill said...

Beautiful winter scenes and views. Have fun doing the puzzle, it looks like a good one.

Kim said...

Snow makes everything beautiful and covers up the dreariness of winter. I love it. Wish we had more of it down here. Where you live looks magical with the snow.

Jeanette said...

I actually do love walking in the snow, and don't mind driving in it too much. It's the cold and wind that I hate! You do post some pretty snow pictures!

ellen b. said...

Love your description of walking in the snow. It is special. We still have snow on the ground that is more icy than fluffy now. Hope your Saturday is going well.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the snow even if I am not out walking in it. That blanket of white is somehow refreshing and for us this year, encouraging . We need the moisture so bad.