Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 09, 2021

Walking to town

 I waited until 8:30 to go walking this morning.
It was 25 degrees and cloudy with just a little breeze.
It is 2 miles to town and today I walked there instead of driving.


Just before getting to town I walked a ways up Sale Barn Rd.
These cows are some of Farmer Marvin's and probably some
are the mothers of the bulls down by the barn.


Once in town I walked around the cemetery on top of the hill
and then over to the ball park loop.
Since I was late in walking I didn't see Joy but pretty sure I
saw her foot prints in the snow around the cemetery and ball park.

Continued walking through town and over to the Dollar General 
and a little ways down the industrial park road.

Ken had to go to town so I met him there and got a ride home.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

This is number 16 of the town Christmas decorations and the last one.
It is almost at the edge of town.
Both ends of town have a Christmas tree but are different.


🎄    🎄    🎄

Finished writing out the Christmas cards this afternoon.
I've cut down on the number of cards.
This year I just sent out 25.

We finished the ice cream puzzle last night.
It was a pretty easy one but fun to do.


Did a little more house work and then read.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you...
yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother 
and offer him your hand.
- Mother Teresa -

Comment Replies:
Rose - David was 10 months old when we went to Scotland.  10 months later Debbi was born.  The kids started school in Puerto Rico and when we got back to the states David was in the 4th grade and Debbi in second. 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...went for a walk in the park, it sure was slippery! Neat puzzle.

William Kendall said...

That first shot speaks to me.

Hill Top Post said...

There's still enough snow on the ground to make for some pretty pictures. I am glad to see that the Farmer had put hay out for the cattle. That's already a daily job here. Your ice cream puzzle would be a good one to frame for the kitchen. I wonder how many puzzles there will be before winter's end.

Mari said...

That's a fun puzzle! You had a good walk too. I love seeing the cows.

Happy@Home said...

Now that is a very appropriate puzzle for you to do :). I'll bet it was fun.
I need to get going on my Christmas cards too. I was thinking I may cut back a bit too. It seems like every year I cut a few more. Never thought I would do that, but it seems to be a sign of the times.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I like that puzzle. I sent out about 60 cards, but ordered 100 because I will give some to people from our church congregations and neighbors and people from work. I don't like to run out so I always seem to order more than I need. We are starting to frame our family cards from each year and we have a little photo gallery of Christmas cards in our office. We got some snow here last night too. I hope you and Ken have a good Friday. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

I really like that first picture. I'd like to take a walk along that road. It's definitely looking like winter out your way. Keep warm.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty landscapes, the second shot is my favorite. The puzzle looks fun.
Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend.

Sandi said...

Looks so cold!

Hootin Anni said...

The skiff of snow is picturesque. Kinda icy, slick, walking?

I enjoyed your holiday town's decorations!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great Mother Teresa quote. Thanx.

God bless.

Bill said...

The cows in the field is my favorite photo. Nice quotes!

Rose said...

It looks so cold in your photos...it was not real bad here yesterday, and today even warmer. I like that last Christmas tree. I am fighting the urge to get out another puzzle, but am trying to wait till after Christmas.

So the kids were old enough till they remember living there...

I like that quote.

ellen b. said...

We were in the 20's today. Congrats on getting your cards done. I finished mine, too. Hope you Have a good weekend.