Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 04, 2021

Work Day

 Ken thanks you all for the birthday wishes! 😀

27 degrees this morning with a heavy frost.
I walked in the dark till a few minutes before sunrise
and then headed back home.

Walked up and down the streets in town and once around
the lower cemetery.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Only had time for a 3.6 mile walk because we had to 
  leave the house by 8:15.

Bench Picture Number 5
Walked up to the porch to take this picture.
The house is on the main road through town.
Left the door in the picture too because I just like the whole scene
and also all the items around the bench.


🦃    🦃    🦃

The reason we had to leave the house at 8:15 is because
it was a Fingerprints work day at church.
Worked from 9:00 - 3:30.
I put some covers on the books, did some stapling,
but mostly did what I like best 
and that is working on the cutting machine.

a small group of us working today but we got over 3,000 Romans books
put together, stapled, cut and boxed up.

And that's been my day.
Thought about walking the another 2 1/2 miles down in the basement
when I got home but decided not to.
Maybe I'll walk a little extra in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone  ❤️

15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I missed your husband's birthday? I'm so sorry ...happy belated birthday. I too love the bench with the red door!!
My you all got a lot done with getting the footprints together!!

Enjoy your evening.

Tom said...

...we had our first frost last night, but not as cold as yours. When the sun came out the leaves were falling like snow!

William Kendall said...

Our temperatures got a degree or two below freezing last night. Probably more of the same tonight.

Rose said...

I love the picture at the top of your blog...that is a wonderful fall view. I like the bench scene, too...

Granny Marigold said...

That's a nice picture with the red door and the bench with the snow shovel tucked behind it.
Good work getting so many books of Romans all ready to go.

Kim said...

That's a wonderful ministry your church has! Sounds like a full day for you. Well spent!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - you had a very busy day! I love the red door on that house. When you visit my blog next time, see you if your recognize the colorful slippers on my feet. Yes, those are the lovely, soft, warm slippers you made and sent to me last year. I love them! Thanks so much. Hope you have a great weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A bit cold here too, no frost yet.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Love the red door and bench! It is in the 30's here early in the morning.
Sounds like a fulfilling work day. Have a happy day and a great weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN-many Happy Returns. Stay well there. Cheers. KEV.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We are both having real frosts now!!!!!

It's time. It's seasonal.

Our Fall Clean Up of leaves was done yesterday, but...... There will be more leaves... -sigh-

Not that they bother me. They bother my husband, because his work shop is on one side of the garage. And they pile up and blow in there. -sigh-

Neat bench scene.

"Let's go Brandon"
🍁 🌰 🌻 🍂 🍁 🌰 🌻 🍂 🍁

Jeanette said...

A belated Happy Birthday to your hubby! I love the combination of the door and the bench in that picture! Especially the red of the door really pops!

Bill said...

I like the bench and door. Very nice composition!

Hill Top Post said...

You really had a productive day. We had another cold frosty morning; sure is hard for me to get adjusted to such a sudden change. I am enjoying your benches. I can't resist a good bench, so have several scattered about the place.

ellen b. said...

That is a nice bench and setting. You two were as productive as usual!