Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 13, 2021

The First Dusting

 It was 35 degrees this morning when I got up
with a cold rain falling.
As you know I don't mind walking in the rain but when it is
 cold too, I can't put enough layers on under my rain slicker
to keep warm.  
Thinking about buying a bigger rain slicker so I can wear layers.

So today my first 4 miles were walked loops around Ken's
train layout in the basement.
(3 miles first thing this morning and then another mile later on)

Finished knitting the hat for Liz this morning.
Happy to say this one turned out like it was supposed to!
Picture of it HERE.

Mid morning the rain turned into snow and the first
dusting of the season.
Looking out the side window from the bedroom.


Bench Number 13
Behind one of the businesses in the industrial park.


We drove down to town and picked up a book at the library
that I had on hold.
The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett.
 Got the large print addition and it has close to 1000 pages in it.
It is the prequel to The Pillars of the Earth.
Ken is going to read it first because I'm in the middle 
of reading two books right now.

Next we drove to church and dropped off the cupcakes
that I made yesterday for the kids.

After lunch the sun tried to come up but never made it
out for more than a couple of minutes.

The last 2 miles I walked outside so I did get all 6 miles walked.
Walked up and down the lane a couple of times.
It was cloudy and 31 degrees.



Top of the lane looking to town.


This afternoon I spent some time reading.
Want to finish the two books I'm reading now so can get started
on The Evening and the Morning.

That's been my day.
Hope your Saturday was a happy one. 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - The money the kids get in the cupcakes is for them to use any way they want.

MsBB - We keep the puzzles on the dining room table.  We have a table in the kitchen which we can eat on. Or sometimes we just push the puzzle to one side and and eat there.  It's just the two of us so it really isn't a problem.  We won't start another puzzle till after Thanksgiving.

19 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoy seeing photographs with a little dusting of snow ...

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

PS I went and had a look at the hat you've knitted for Liz, it looks lovely.
Great colours together.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Actually looks pretty.

Rose said...

We have snow in the predictiion...not supposed to be much. But it will be exciting to see. I am loving seeing yours. Love the pic with the dark road and the leaves on it.

Vee said...

Well it is pretty...that's the best I'd be able to say of it. 🥴

William Kendall said...

Lovely snow. We have it coming.

Tom said...

...no snow here yet. Your dusting looks magical!

Mari said...

We had the same weather - snow, falling leaves, peeks of sunshine... \Your photos are so pretty! Good for you for still walking.

Hill Top Post said...

I love this post! There is something about that first snow. A dusting makes for some pretty awesome pictures.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I love that hat you made for Liz. The colors are bright and cheerful and it looks warm and comfy. I love the pictures of the first dusting of snow. I thought we would have some snow by now, but it was warm and spring-like here today. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hootin Anni said...

Brrrrr. But, pretty from my cozy viewpoint.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice to see the Snow Scenes KAREN- looks so peaceful and calm. We are having cold days and nights here in Spring- also a fair bit of rain. Stay well there. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your snowy scenes are pretty. We had a rain storm and then sunshine.
It is very cold and a little windy. Take care, have a great new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow already?

It's cold here, but no snow yet.

God bless.

Kerin said...

First of all, thank you for your kind comment, and a warm welcome back to blogging.

You inspire me with your dedication to walking, even when it's cold and blustery, you get it done! Way to go!!

I love your pictures..they always tell a great story, and the snow looks pretty.

Have a great weekend!

~K.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wow, you are 'below' us, and you got a dusting already!

It's pretty!

But cold and rain, do not sound pretty, so glad you walked in, and waited till it cleared up, to finish.

🍂 🔥 🍂

Bill said...

Snow season is back for you. More puzzles to do. :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That lane is a gorgeous view. We had lots of snow yesterday and it was and still is beautiful.

ellen b. said...

We had a dusting that melted soon after. That hat is a happy combination of colors. I'm sure those Sunday School kids enjoyed those cupcakes. I like that weathered bench.