Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 02, 2021

No Snow and reading

 No snow this morning just another rainy morning and only 34 degrees. 
 I might have seen a couple flurries mixed with the rain.
It would have been better had it been snow,
I wouldn't get as wet.

Didn't want to walk in the cold rain so started out walking
2 miles in the basement.

After breakfast it was time to go to the Shop and Save.
Didn't need much so were in and out in no time.
Got things put away and then I made a Cheese Cake for tomorrow.

Still rainy so I walked another mile in the basement.

After lunch the rain finally stopped and I drove to town
to finish walking outside.
When I walked it was 36 degrees and cloudy.

Nothing happening around town and didn't see any one else out either.
Walked around the ball park and both cemeteries.
Since I only had to walk 3 miles my walk was
over pretty quickly.
Total miles walked were 6.3

Bench Number 3 
At the town pond


A pretty plain looking bench
but with a pretty view of the pond.


The rest of the day I've been reading my book.
Hard to put down.

Took a break from reading to cook supper and to write this blog
post and then I'm going back to reading.
The Widow's Husband by William Coleman.
Lots of twists and turns in this book.
I'm wondering if he wrote any other books.
Will have to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Tom said...

...no snow here yet either, I'm prepared to wait!

Hootin Anni said...

I went to the Barnes & Noble bookstore today & bought one. (My favorite author's newest story). I think I would rather have rain only for the fact that highways are more treacherous driving in(on) ice/snow covered roads.
Like the bench...but the view is spectacular!! Lighting is perfect.

Rose said...

I think I have seen that bench in other views....from behind and thought i would like to sit in it...that would be a great place to sit and just enjoy some quietness.

William Kendall said...

That pond view is quite pleasant.

Debi said...

The view from that bench is great! Rainy days were made for reading good books! Have a great week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That book sounds so good, but our library doesn't have it. I may just order it from Amazon - it's not much. I love the view of the pond. So glad you got to have an outdoor walk in the afternoon. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Kim said...

I can see why you wouldn't want to walk much outside today. Not worth catching pneumonia! I commend you for sticking to your goal!

ellen b. said...

I do like the color of that bench. Glad you could get your miles in. That book sounds good. No snow here yet.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Very cold here.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Love the view of the bench and the pond. Yesterday as a rainy chilly day here too. Take care, have a great day.

Jeanette said...

That view from the bench is beautiful! I love a good book that you have a hard time staying away from! Have you ever read a book that the characters stay with you for a while after you've finished?

R's Rue said...

Beautiful view.

Michelle said...

Nice that you have the basement for walking, though I know it is not the same.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beautiful view from that bench!

Mmmmm, a book you can't put down. Wonderful. Hope my latest turns out to be thus.

🍁 🍎 🍁 🍎 🍁

Bill said...

Raining here all day. I love the view from the bench, it's a beauty.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely view from the bench.

Your book certainly sounds a good one.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I'm always happy to find a new author that I like and find that he/she has written more books. I especially like having the same protagonist.
That's a good practical looking bench ( with a pleasant view).

Eggs In My Pocket said...

We are just now starting to get chilly days......no snow. Rainy days are always a good read day! Such lovely photos of the pond and so good that there is a bench to enjoy the view! Wishing you pleasant November days

Connie said...

My what a lovely place for a bench . . . I could sit there and enjoy the view of that lovely pond for hours.

Retired Knitter said...

Opps. Back to walking the basement again. It has been cold here in the mornings but warms up to a comfortable cool temp during the day. Of course, it is always warmer here on my side of the state.