Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 01, 2021

NO rain today

 No walking in the rain this morning. ☀️
It was 38 degrees and clear and sunny once the sun rose at 7:46.

Driving to town I saw Rocky Raccoon making his way back home.
He lives out back and haven't seen him for a while.

Walked all around town, the ball park, and both cemeteries.
Joy was out walking too and we passed two different times.


Found some more benches to take pictures of for the bench series.
Some I went right up on porches to take pictures.
Waiting for someone to poke their head out and ask what I was doing.

Walked 6.3 miles

Bench Picture Number Two
That pumpkin has seen better days.


☀️    😃    ☀️

Stayed cool all day barely making it past 40 but the sun was
out and it was a beautiful day.

Had laundry drying on the line and
I had to go outside every so often to untangle the clothes on the line.

Got a good start on the housework for this week.
Then did a bit of knitting.
Ken asked if I could knit him something to keep his neck warm
but not a scarf.  
I'm knitting him what amounts to a hat without the top
So it would just be the ribbing before the shaping of the hat starts.
Don't know if you can picture that but will take a picture when I finish.  
I'm using large needles and 2 strands of yarn so it is going fast.

Started reading The Widow's Husband. 
So far it's good and a page turner though a bit unbelievable.

Snow flurries are predicted tomorrow morning so I may be
walking in a snow shower.

That's all for today.
Thanks for visiting.
A happy Monday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a cold, windy, sunny day. I always look forward the first snow, but I'm prepared to wait a bit for that.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the red leaves in your first photograph.
That's a nice bench, and I agree with you about the pumpkin.

Happy November Wishes.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Yippee for a dry walk. We started in the 20's today. Oh boy that pumpkin is looking sad for sure. Hope you have a nice evening. Happy November to you!

Rose said...

I told Roger today we should plant some sumac close by the house...we see it everywhere and it so beautiful, but always where I cannot stop to take a picture.

I love the bench...it was cool here today...we had a bit of sun early then it clouded over and did not appear again.

William Kendall said...

I saw a raccoon last night. Spoke to him. He looked at me like I was nuts.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Re: your comment on my post of today. Oh yes, snow is beautiful! It's the dark, damp, gloomy days, before snow comes, which are harder for me to love. -smile-

What Ken wants, sounds like a very good idea! Scarfs slip around and have to be tucked or tied. What you are making, sounds like a very good idea. Covers all the 'bases,' as it were.

“It's so much darker when a light goes out
than it would have been if it had never shone.”

🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂 🍂

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - it's always nice to get a start on the house work early in the week. That is what I have been doing tonight. That hat without the top will be great to keep Ken warm as he works around Happy Trails. I am going to look up that book you started reading. Sounds interesting. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Hill Top Post said...

I have been wondering when some snow would show up in your pictures! Wow, I am just not ready for winter. It was a very cool and damp day here. A fire felt so good.

Debi said...

I got our bed made and cleaned one bathroom... then I went out to work in the garden! The housework will not be going anywhere and I really need to finish getting the garden ready for winter!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We enjoyed a nice dry and windy day too. The red leaves are so pretty.
I think the pumpkin is a goner, nice bench. Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Ah- Snow on the way...to me that is exciting as I've never been in Snow. Getting hotter here as we move towards Summer- lots to do with my Hobby which keeps me happy. Have a great week there Karen. Cheers. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Seems like snow is coming early, but I guess it. It IS November. That sounds like a gaiter you will be making for Ken ...kinda sorta.

Pretty Fall colors & yes...the jack o lantern has been in the cold a bit too long.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The pumpkin is tired.

God bless.

Bill said...

I've never seen a raccoon in person. I love their mask markings.

Kim said...

I'm so behind in reading your posts! Been away from Blogdom most of the last month. Made another one of your recipes, the Broccoli Cheese Soup. Another winner! First the chocolate cake, now this! Thanks for sharing your favorites with us. I think that soup is the end of my perfect broccoli cheese soup search! It's PERFECT! Happy Tuesday, Karen!

Vee said...

Snow already? I hope not. We can do without it a lot longer. 🍂

Your project for Ken sounds interesting.