Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Another Bench

 25 degrees this morning for walking with a light wind
and a mix of sun and clouds.

The morning moon 


Walked around both of the cemeteries first and then to see the bulls.
Then headed up the hill to the school and then back to town.
Twice around the ball park and back to the Jeep.

No one else out walking, as least no one that I saw.

The bulls are in frozen mud again with some hay mixed in.
The picture on the bottom is taken of the barn where the
bulls are but from the other road as I'm walking up to the school.



Walked 6 miles

Yesterday I said was the last bench picture but I came across
this so took one more.
This was in the back of the school by the playground.
Looks more like a couch than a bench but just couldn't resist.
I thought of you Victor - it's a good size to take a nice long nap. 🙂


⛅️    🌕   ⛅️

I've read a bit this afternoon of my book 
The Evening and the Morning and like it a lot.
It is set in the year 997.
I enjoyed the trilogy and this one is just as good.

We bought a 7 pound turkey breast for Thanksgiving
and on the packaging it gives the directions for cooking in the slow cooker.
Sounds like a good idea and I'm going to give it a try this year.
Have any of you ever tried cooking a turkey this way before?

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you enjoyed your Saturday. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

13 comments:

Tom said...

...the moon was big and bright here this morning, I love your image. We are roasting a 20lb turkey this year.

William Kendall said...

The bulls seem to take it in stride.

ellen b. said...

Well that is an interesting bench for sure. We are going to roast a 16 pound turkey this year and we are trying something new. We are putting it breast down in a 350 degree preheated oven for one hour then we are turning down the heat to 200 degrees the night before Thanksgiving and leaving it in the oven till we are ready to eat on Thanksgiving. Crazy. We'll see how that goes.
Have a great Sunday!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't own a slow cooker so I don't know about doing the turkey that way. We did our turkey (Thanksgiving) in one of those bags made for that purpose and it was a big success. Who would have believed that you could roast a turkey in a bag.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the landscape picture with the red barn. That is a striking image.

Mari said...

The pic of the barn in the sunshine is so pretty!
I've done a turkey breast in the crock pot and it worked out good.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like the idea of having just a turkey breast. That is what I would have done, but Charly and Josh wanted the whole big meal from KFC, which is fine with me. We will have lot of leftovers for a while. So glad you got some time to read this afternoon and that you are enjoying your book. I like that bench at the school playground. Looks like it has room for a several children. Hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon. :-)

Rose said...

I LOVE your seedpod! That bench would look good here...I will be interested to see how you like your turkey...and was reading Ellen's comment above. If I can remember I want to check her blog out. I have read two or three places about cooking a ham on real low heat overnight, too.

Unknown said...

That's one of the nicest benches I've ever seen. The picture with the field in the foreground, the red barn and trees in the background in that light is just beautiful. I've never tried a turkey in a slow cooker but I hope you'll let us know how it comes out because I have a turkey breast in the freezer for New Year's eve and I'd like an easy method for cooking it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the moon photo, pretty sky. Cute shots of the cows and I like the red barn. Cute yellow bench. We roast the turkey in a cooking bag, it seems to work well. The slow cooker sounds like a great idea. Happy Sunday, have a great new week!

Bill said...

The moon photo is beautiful. Love seeing the animals just hanging out. The bench does look like a couch and probably comfortable to sit on. Enjoy your da!

Sandy said...

Beautiful pictures, but ooooooo it looks and sounds cold. Too wet and ugly out today for my walk, but try to get one in almost daily. Love the bench, and yellow is my favorite color...it's such a happy color and makes me think of sunshine......which sadly, this time of year is in short supply.

Do swing by for a visit.

Debi said...

You take (and share!) the most beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them. I have cooked turkey breasts in the crockpot and they have turned out very well. The skin doesn't get crispy as it does in the oven but that doesn't bother us!Have a great week!