Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Rain

 The temperature was 47 degrees, it was dark with lots of rain 
and even some wind thrown in there when
I went walking this morning.

Walked all over town, around the ball park,
and just the lower cemetery.

Not much happening on my walk today.
Didn't see anyone else out.

Took a picture of me in my rain outfit in the reflection of the fire house door
and it's the only picture I took walking.


Walked 6 miles

🌧    🌧    🌧

We went food shopping at Shop and Save right after breakfast
and then just stayed put in the house the rest of the day.
Not a very pleasant day to be outside in all the rain and wind.
A lot of the leaves have come down!!

Enjoyed a nice day puttering about the house.
Read
Knitted
Did a couple crossword puzzles.

Supper tonight was fried bell peppers (from our little garden),
onions, and sausage in a burrito shell.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - We see bears once in awhile but thankfully they are scaredy-cats and run away.

14 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I love fajitas!! But I use steak or chicken with peppers & onions. Yum. A good meal on such a rainy day.

Rose said...

Sounds like your weather today was what we had yesterday. We had blue skies and sunshine today!

William Kendall said...

It's been steady rain today, but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.

Hill Top Post said...

I love a rainy day, and we may just get one tomorrow. Now, what should I do on my rainy day...

Deb J. in Utah said...

It has been a rainy day here as well, and that is fine because we need it. We've had rain every day since Saturday. There is quite a bit of snow in the nearby mountains now. I like the picture of you in your rain outfit. I usually exercise in the basement on rainy days, but Charly and I were able to get our afternoon walk in when I got home this afternoon. Sounds like you had another good day. See you tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

It rained here as well so I skipped my walk. I wasn't feeling all that well so...
Tomorrow I'll get back on track.

eileeninmd said...

It was rainy and windy here yesterday too, not a good day for walking.
Tree branches were coming down. Your dinner sounds yummy. Take care, have a happy day!

Tom said...

...for a few days we have enjoying 40F and rain. I hope that you are enjoying your week.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Reflections!!!

You had Time for Reflections ...

God bless.

Michelle said...

I love a good rainy day spent indoors.

Bill said...

Raining here too and very gusty winds. A good reading day indeed.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

How could I have doubted you?????

You WALKED!!!

-smile-

Shadows mutter,
mist replies;
darkness purrs
as midnight sighs.
~Rusty Fischer
🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃

Henny Penny said...

I think it was Monday that we had the high winds and rain, a little over 2". The wind is still blowing. Ken's bridge is looking good. And I love those big green walnuts you picked up. I've never known how to get in to the nut. Someone once said to dump them in the driveway and run over them several times to remove the outter shell. I've never tried that. :)

Retired Knitter said...

loved the picture! Very atmospheric and realistic of the conditions!!