Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Walking in the rain...

A rainy walk for me this morning.
It was 67 degrees, calm and it rained the whole time I was walking.
Since there was no wind I was able to use my umbrella and
it kept me almost dry!!
Walked 5.7 miles


Didn't see any one else outside at all.
Only people I saw were in cars.

Down at the Drane house it looks like the trees are getting trimmed.


Thought this was the first day of school here but didn't
see any school buses.
Since the Covid numbers are so high here now maybe school is back on line.

Though it was a wet walk, still nice to get outside and walk.

πŸ‘Ÿ    ☔️    πŸ‘Ÿ

Garden Shed Number 2


🌼    🌼

Food shopping day and got that over with right after breakfast.
Put all the stuff away and then got a meatloaf 
started in the slow cooker.

A dreary, rainy day so we found things to do inside today.
I tried a new recipe this afternoon.
I made them for breakfast tomorrow morning but we had
to have one to see if they were any good.
Yes!!  They are delicious!!

I read this afternoon and played a few games of bubble shooter
on the computer.
A few more games than I wanted too!!!

I'll be working on making some weave-it squares this evening.
I already have 34 squares done. (need 70)

That's all I have for today.
A happy day to you. πŸ™‚
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Content makes poor men rich; 
discontent makes rich men poor.
- Benjamin Franklin -

12 comments:

Tom said...

...right about now taking a walk in the rain sounds mighty good!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can almost smell that refreshing rain.

Granny Marigold said...

On that garden shed is that door painted on? It hardly looks like a real door.
I wish that rain would come our way. Actually it's probably too late in the season to be any help for farmers crops anyway.

Sandi said...

The rain looks so refreshing!

Hill Top Post said...

“Almost dry.” πŸ₯΄Rainy days are perfect for baking…and for eating!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happiness is doing what we like - like walking in the rain.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We are getting lots of rain today, leftovers from storm Ida. I have never tried making meatloaf in the slow cooker, sounds interesting. Take care, have a great day!

Vee said...

Gosh you folks have neat and tidy sheds. Not us! We have falling down, vine covered red hot messes. 😁

A walk in the rain sounds lovely without the wind.

Hootin Anni said...

Great quote to close your post. Love the sunlit garden shed (and the blue gazing ball). Your rain looks fine...here, when it rains it's a biblical deluge.

William Kendall said...

I do like the garden shed.

ellen b. said...

Your side of the U.S. is getting the rain. Another nice looking shed. I'm glad you enjoyed those muffins.

Lowcarb team member said...

I liked the shed on your previous post, and this one is lovely too :)

All the best Jan