Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 30, 2021

Found

 62 degrees and cloudy this morning when I walked.
Sure looked like a storm was brewing but only a
few drops of rain fell - didn't even get wet.

Happy to see a rainbow this morning.


Driving to town a rabbit darted out in the road right in front of me.
Thought I missed it and then heard a thump as the back
wheel got the rabbit.  I felt so bad!!!!
Felt bad all over again on the way back home and saw
the rabbit in the road and 3 crows were eating it.
Well the crows need to eat.

Had a nice quiet random walk all over town.
Only person I saw was Joy.

The pumpkin is turning a nice orange at the day care center.
I check on it every day.


 Two bulls were back in the barn yard this morning.
Thought maybe they had been sold but number 60 and 61 are still there.

The golden rod is now blooming.


I took 12,194 steps on my walk.

👟   👟

Starting my Garden Shed series of pictures today.
Number 1


🌼    🌼   🌼

Guess what I found?!
The missing puzzle piece. 
🧩
It was in the office of all places just sitting there on the floor
next to my desk!

A trip to the quarry this morning to get a trailer full of
gravel for the Island.
Happy to say that one load was enough for the path.
It is turning out just how I pictured it.
The gravel will be more red in color like the other gravel
after it rains and washes the dust off.




Will fill in the other areas with different size rocks which we will
gather from our property.
Hopefully we will get a good start on that tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

When one door closes another door opens; 
but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, 
that we do not see the ones which open for us.

- Alexander Graham Bell -

18 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

What a great post today! Every time you post a new picture of the Island, I love it a little more. What a great little path you have created through it. The birds are going to enjoy the bird bath there under the trees. I am glad you found the missing puzzle piece, but am just a bit disappointed that we won't get to see the piece that Ken would have made. :~)

Tom said...

...the weathered fence and the goldenrod is a fabulous image.

William Kendall said...

Aside from a waterfall rainbow, I can't recall when I last saw a rainbow.

Anni said...

...and you two remain busy.
Yes, the crows need food too.
LOVE the photo of the goldenrods by the fence...picture post card!!

ellen b. said...

That is one nice looking clean shed!
Love the goldenrods. Ahh...sorry about the rabbit but never swerve!

Deb J. in Utah said...

The island is looking great. I love that rainbow picture. So sorry about the bunny. I hit a dog once many years ago. It ran in front of my car and I could not stop. I still remember how bad I felt. That was back in the first months of my marriage, many years ago. Glad you found the missing puzzle piece. That garden shed looks more like a little play house. Hope you have a good week. See you again soon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you found that missing puzzle piece. The picture of the old fence and Goldenrod is spectacular.

Inger said...

I love the picture of that rustic fence. I'm sorry about the rabbit, but it didn't go to waste. And glad you found the puzzle piece. I'm looking forward to more wintry times so I can focus on my puzzles. I need to graduate from the 300 piece ones, if I ever can.

Unknown said...

Poor bunny. Feel bad for the little guy. Saw a beautiful, vibrant rainbow Saturday. Love the picture of the weathered fence and golden rod. The pumpkin is coming along.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Where do all the missing jigsaw pieces go? I had a 500 pieces jigsaw puzzle. Now I only have one piece. Where are the others?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the fence and the rainbow. Your island and path are looking great.
Have a great day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your Island is coming along nicely- soon have it finished before Winter sets in. It is Spring here tomorrow- happy to be in warmer days now. Best Wishes. KEV.

CHERI said...

So sorry about the little rabbit...that would have broken my heart too. It's happened to me before and I just felt awful! But everything else around your place looks so cool and calm....nothing like here. Between the heat and the high Covid numbers I feel miserable. I am sooooo ready for Fall and cooler weather but hope it doesn't bring on more people with the virus. Sorry I haven't commented in awhile....just no energy...lots of sleepless nights. In fact, I'd really like to take a nap but am filling in at work for my DIL this a.m. It's boring!!!

Michelle said...

The island is looking good. I have two landscaping areas that need attention. It has been so hot :( I have put it off.

Happy@Home said...

It looks like you are seeing some early signs of fall there. The rainbow is so pretty. I didn't realize that you were missing a puzzle piece, but glad you found it.
That garden shed looks just like a little house. I would love to see what's inside.

Vee said...

Yay! You always find the puzzle piece. Don't you?

Granny Marigold said...

I would have felt pretty sad about the rabbit too.
That's a great picture of a rainbow. And the garden shed. It needs some pots of flowers though, on each side of the door. And maybe a nice path with gravel, the kind you have made on your place.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you found that missing puzzle piece :)

All the best Jan